Search

Hackney Homes warns residents about bogus callers

10:55 10 March 2014

Cllr Philip Glanville

Cllr Philip Glanville

Hackney Homes

Hackney Homes is warning residents to be aware of bogus callers posing as workmen and repairs staff.

Support your community by viewing your local businesses

Please wait

You will be able to read the article in 5 seconds

Thank you for supporting your local community

You may now read the article

A number of reports have been received from tenants who were recently approached by people claiming to carry out work on behalf of the organisation.

Residents are encouraged to always check ID cards before allowing people into their home. Hackney Homes staff and contractors carry identification cards on all visits.

Cabinet member for Hackney Homes and regeneration estates Cllr Philip Glanville said: “The safety of our residents is paramount to us. We ask all residents to be cautious when opening the door to someone they do not recognise and to be aware of callers who try to use distraction techniques to encourage tenants to leave their home.”

Residents who are unsure of a Hackney Homes visitor or want clarification regarding a home visit should call the repairs contact centre on 020 8356 3691.

0 comments

Latest News Stories

Friday, December 19, 2014
Protesters demonstrate towards Downing Street against the house price rising in the New Era estate against the house price rising in the New Era estate

US investors that bought the New Era estate earlier this year and planned to evict 93 households by potentially trebling rent just before Christmas have now sold the site to an affordable housing provider.

Friday, December 19, 2014
Hackney Council released the personal and financial details of 15,000 residents online.

A massive blunder has seen the sensitive personal details of 15,000 Hackney residents – including address, sexuality and rent accounts – leaked online.

Thursday, December 18, 2014
Joel Adesina was stabbed on December 5 in Padbury Court off Bethnal Green Road

A 20-year-old man will today appear in court charged with murdering Dagenham teenager Joel Adesina.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014
The Metropolitan Police said McKoy hit his partner in the head with a hammer at least 17 times [Photograph from Metropolitan Police]

A Hackney man has been found guilty of battering his ex-partner to death with a hammer and slashing his baby daughter’s throat – whilst her elder daughter overheard the horrific events on the phone.

Most read news

After weeks of challenges and cringeworthy boardroom showdowns, Lord Sugar made a decision – and Twitter was watching.

And we were all invited to the happy couple’s big day!

And they have a role to play in saving their species.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hackney Gazette e-edition today E-edition