Search

Sammy Moore hails Leyton Orient fans ahead of next adventure

PUBLISHED: 17:00 15 May 2017

Sammy Moore looks to keep possession for Leyton Orient at Portsmouth midway through the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Sammy Moore looks to keep possession for Leyton Orient at Portsmouth midway through the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Simon O'Connor Photography

Midfielder set to join Alex Cisak and many more players in leaving O’s this summer

Alex Cisak in action for Leyton Orient against Mansfield Town at the start of the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor). Alex Cisak in action for Leyton Orient against Mansfield Town at the start of the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Sammy Moore expressed his gratitude to Leyton Orient’s fans last week, as he virtually confirmed his departure from Brisbane Road on Twitter.

The former Wimbledon midfielder took to social media to thank O’s supporters for all their support during his two years in E10.

Moore’s contract expires on June 30 and he is one of many players set to leave the relegated club this summer.

“I just wanted to thank everyone at Leyton Orient FC for their support over the last two seasons,” said Moore.

“Staff and fans have been unreal! There’s been many highs and many lows, but the fans were always 110 per cent behind us – some of the best fans I know.

“Things didn’t work out with the vision I had when I first signed unfortunately, but I’ve met an unreal bunch of lads.

“A special thanks to the physio Pete Webb and the medical team for their support in my recovery back into the game from injury.

“Good luck to Orient in the future, they’ll bounce back, but for now I’m going to enjoy the summer with my family and look forward to my next adventure.”

Moore is one of 15 players out of contract at Orient and many more could exit the now National League club due to relegation release clauses in their current deals.

O’s goalkeeper Alex Cisak is set to depart and he also put a message out to the fans on social media recently.

The Australian, who first represented Orient during the 2014/15 campaign on loan before signing permanently the following summer, hailed the supporters.

“O’s fans, it has been a pleasure to play for your wonderful club. Your level of support and commitment has been phenomenal throughout my time here,” said Cisak.

“I sincerely hope that the club can bounce back at the first time of asking next season.”

All of the Orient players out of contract will find out their fate by Saturday and like many before them, will receive a letter from the club confirming they will not receive a new deal.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Hackney Gazette visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Hackney Gazette staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Hackney Gazette account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Latest Hackney Stories

15:08

Tottenham are preparing to face “the best team in Europe” on Saturday, but their manager is going to the Etihad to win

14:00

Clapton boss Jonny Fowell wants his side to get on a winning run to keep their chances of the Essex Senior League title alive.

13:30

Lisa Wilson spoke of her late son Tom’s decision to donate his organs this week as health secretary Jeremy Hunt launched a new opt-out plan in England, writes Lee Power.

13:00

Leyton Orient look to avoid an FA Trophy giant-killing when they visit Haringey Borough in the first round on Saturday.

11:35

For this week’s Friday Q&A we have an old school Arsenal fan and passionate Trade Unionist Frank Radcliffe. There can’t be many Gooners still attending who went to the Winterslag away game but loyal Frank was one of them. Read on for his strong views on the club – as well as being held up at gunpoint as an innocent bystander by German police after Sergio Tacchini gear disappeared on a pre-season trip to Bochum in the 1980s...

15:33

Sadiq Khan was in Mare Street this morning to launch his new campaign tackling rough sleeping at St Mungo’s hostel.

10:36

England failed to cash in on centuries from Middlesex’s Dawid Malan and Jonny Bairstow as familiar problems persisted on a fluctuating second day in the third Ashes Test.

09:35

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has given his weekly press conference at London Colney. Read on for his views on injuries ahead of Newcastle United, the Arsenal Foundation, the latest on Jack WIlshere, Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez’s contract situation and much more.



Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read sport

Show Job Lists