Search

Team News: Leyton Orient vs Guiseley

PUBLISHED: 10:00 02 September 2017

Hornchurch’'s George Purcell (left) looks to chase down Leyton Orient’'s Charlie Lee (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo).

Hornchurch’'s George Purcell (left) looks to chase down Leyton Orient’'s Charlie Lee (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo).

©TGS Photo tgsphoto.co.uk +44 1376 553468

Steve Davis could recall David Mooney today, but Charlie Lee remains on the sidelines for the foreseeable future

Steve Davis is set to make some changes to his Leyton Orient team ahead of the visit of Guiseley this afternoon.

The O’s were last in action on Bank Holiday Monday and earned an impressive 1-0 win at Maidenhead United despite playing in difficult conditions.

Josh Koroma and Rommy Boco started that fixture with Jobi McAnuff and David Mooney on the bench.

It is expected Mooney will replace Koroma in Orient’s starting XI, but Boco is likely to retain his spot on the left.

Davis could name new striker Matt Harrold among the substitutes for the first time after signing the forward on Thursday.

The ex-Crawley Town favourite agreed a two-year deal with O’s on transfer deadline day and is likely to feature in the match day squad today.

Koroma may be the unfortunate man to miss out of the 16 or McAnuff could have to sit out this afternoon’s game.

One player definitely not involved is first-team captain Charlie Lee who has picked up a serious knee injury.

The former Stevenage favourite is understood to have suffered suspected cruciate ligament damage last week.

Also unavailable for O’s today are Aron Pollock and Christian Scales, as they remain on loan at Wealdstone and Harlow Town respectively.

Meanwhile, Tristan Abrahams’ loan spell from Norwich City has been terminated by mutual consent.

The 18-year-old joined the Canaries on July 31 for an undisclosed fee after catching the eye of the Championship club.

Norwich immediately loaned Abrahams back to Orient for the rest of the season though, yet the forward was still able to represent their under-23 side.

And after a month where the O’s academy graduate has failed to play for the east Londoners, all parties have decided to end the loan spell.

City Sporting Director, Stuart Webber, spoke to the official club website, he said: “We spoke to Leyton Orient and said we felt it would be beneficial for Tristan to spend more time here.

“He wasn’t getting the game-time we’d originally planned at Orient. If he’d played for them at all, it would have limited the potential for loan moves in the future.

“That was another factor for us to consider. We didn’t want to harm his opportunities so decided to act quickly on the situation, and Leyton Orient were very good about it.”

Related articles

Latest Hackney Stories

National League: Braintree Town 1 Leyton Orient 5

Yesterday, 19:24

Middlesex have threatened to spoil Paul Collingwood’s swansong at the Emirates Riverside with a spirited fightback on day two of their Specsavers County Championship Division Two clash against Durham.

Yesterday, 17:00

Justin Edinburgh’s team could break a club record this evening

Yesterday, 16:28

A frail pensioner whose home was flooded with raw sewage has been moved back in by the housing association – even though the foul stench still remains.

Yesterday, 15:00

Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm remain out injured, so Paulo Gazzaniga should deputise again at Stadium MK

Yesterday, 13:00

Clapton boss Jonny Fowell had plenty of praise for Barkingside manager Michael Walther despite sealing a 3-0 victory against his side on Friday evening.

Yesterday, 12:17

A tenant of Hackney Council has been forced to pay nearly £148,000, after an investigation found he had been illegally subletting his property whilst living elsewhere.

Yesterday, 12:00

Josh Coulson discussed coming up against two old team-mates and how O’s have a job to do



Newsletter Sign Up

Hackney Gazette twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read sport

Show Job Lists