Search

Hackney Gazette - Topics

A congregation of 300 was evacuated from Wesley’s Chapel yesterday, when the electrical room in its basement caught fire because of a faulty fuse box.

More than 20 people called 999 to report a huge blaze which had broken out in a top floor flat next to Stoke Newington School yesterday.

Boys at an Orthodox Jewish “boarding school” may have been left without adequate toilets, fire safety measures and hot water for three months as authorities wrangle over who is responsible for regulating it.

The safety of mums and newborn babies has been at risk since March because Homerton Hospital hasn’t met fire standards at its newborn intensive care unit.

The ground floor of a Stoke Newington restaurant has been damaged in a blaze caused by build up of fat residue in an extractor hood.

A funeral parlour was damaged in a fire on Monday night.

A man who spent 23 years cutting hair for the homeless is walking wounded after seeing his salon burnt to the ground.

Fire tore through a hair salon in Balls Pond Road this evening, forcing families to flee their homes and shutting the busy street in the middle of rush hour.

A woman died after falling out of a flat window near London Fields yesterday.

Thick black smoke from a blazing Hackney Wick warehouse is pouring across the A12 and Victoria Park, sparking fears for drivers’ safety.

A woman and her two children were forced to flee their Hackney flat after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Fire fighters have issued safety advice after an unattended candle is believed to have started a house fire in Hackney Central last Friday.

Maisie Spooner, who served in the Auxiliary Fire Service in the war, died last month. The Gazette finds out how Hackney owes her a huge debt.

A cigarette “carelessly discarded” onto a neighbouring flat roof is the most likely cause of an office block fire in Shoreditch last night, fire investigators believe.

Thousands of people turned out on Clapton Common yesterday for a big community fun day organised by Shomrim, the Jewish neighbourhood watch voluntary group.

Stoke Newington fire station threw open its doors on Sunday to mark 150 years of the London Fire Brigade.

The shop front of a butcher’s shop in Hoxton blew out in an electrical explosion this afternoon.

Two people were treated in hospital after a blaze destroyed the entire first floor of a Stoke Newington home this morning.

A blaze that ripped through a house in Stoke Newington is thought to have been caused by the spontaneous combustion of oily rags.

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read

Show Job Lists