10 Hackney parks will see food and drink being served this summer
Hackney Council is offering local businesses the chance to run temporary catering facilities in the borough’s parks and green spaces this summer.
Between June and November, temporary mobile catering facilities will be trialled in Haggerston Park, Well Street Common, Millfields Park, Mark Street Garden, Hackney Road Recreation Ground and Homerton Grove.
Meanwhile from June until April 2014 trials will also be held in Shoreditch Park, London Fields, Hackney Downs and Stonebridge Gardens.
The council wants to appoint companies which will supply quality, healthy and nutritious food and drinks, and the contract will be awarded 75 per cent on the quality of the catering and only 25 per cent on the financial package.
Each company is being asked to specify how much rent they think they should pay in their tender.
You may also want to watch:
The tender documents can be found at www.hackney.gov.uk/f-tenders-828.htm and the deadline for applications is April 5.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers