10 Hackney parks will see food and drink being served this summer
Hackney Council is offering local businesses the chance to run temporary catering facilities in the borough’s parks and green spaces this summer.
Between June and November, temporary mobile catering facilities will be trialled in Haggerston Park, Well Street Common, Millfields Park, Mark Street Garden, Hackney Road Recreation Ground and Homerton Grove.
Meanwhile from June until April 2014 trials will also be held in Shoreditch Park, London Fields, Hackney Downs and Stonebridge Gardens.
The council wants to appoint companies which will supply quality, healthy and nutritious food and drinks, and the contract will be awarded 75 per cent on the quality of the catering and only 25 per cent on the financial package.
Each company is being asked to specify how much rent they think they should pay in their tender.
You may also want to watch:
The tender documents can be found at www.hackney.gov.uk/f-tenders-828.htm and the deadline for applications is April 5.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year