10 Hackney parks will see food and drink being served this summer
Hackney Council is offering local businesses the chance to run temporary catering facilities in the borough’s parks and green spaces this summer.
Between June and November, temporary mobile catering facilities will be trialled in Haggerston Park, Well Street Common, Millfields Park, Mark Street Garden, Hackney Road Recreation Ground and Homerton Grove.
Meanwhile from June until April 2014 trials will also be held in Shoreditch Park, London Fields, Hackney Downs and Stonebridge Gardens.
The council wants to appoint companies which will supply quality, healthy and nutritious food and drinks, and the contract will be awarded 75 per cent on the quality of the catering and only 25 per cent on the financial package.
Each company is being asked to specify how much rent they think they should pay in their tender.
You may also want to watch:
The tender documents can be found at www.hackney.gov.uk/f-tenders-828.htm and the deadline for applications is April 5.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72