£140k grant for Hackney City Farm
- Credit: Archant
Hackney City Farm has been handed a £140,000 grant to boost community understanding of the environment and biodiversity.
The grant from the The City of London Corporation’s charity, City Bridge Trust, will support the charity’s outreach work and increase volunteering activities with hard to reach groups such as people with mental problems, special educational needs, refugees and children with carers on low incomes.
Hackney City Farm, in Goldsmith’s Row by Haggerston
Park, was set up 30 years ago and promotes healthy living and
access to green spaces for
You may also want to watch:
people who live in highly
populated urban environments, and teaches about horticulture, food growing and developing wildlife habitats.
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 8 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 9 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted