£140k grant for Hackney City Farm
- Credit: Archant
Hackney City Farm has been handed a £140,000 grant to boost community understanding of the environment and biodiversity.
The grant from the The City of London Corporation’s charity, City Bridge Trust, will support the charity’s outreach work and increase volunteering activities with hard to reach groups such as people with mental problems, special educational needs, refugees and children with carers on low incomes.
Hackney City Farm, in Goldsmith’s Row by Haggerston
Park, was set up 30 years ago and promotes healthy living and
access to green spaces for
You may also want to watch:
people who live in highly
populated urban environments, and teaches about horticulture, food growing and developing wildlife habitats.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared