£140k grant for Hackney City Farm
- Credit: Archant
Hackney City Farm has been handed a £140,000 grant to boost community understanding of the environment and biodiversity.
The grant from the The City of London Corporation’s charity, City Bridge Trust, will support the charity’s outreach work and increase volunteering activities with hard to reach groups such as people with mental problems, special educational needs, refugees and children with carers on low incomes.
Hackney City Farm, in Goldsmith’s Row by Haggerston
Park, was set up 30 years ago and promotes healthy living and
access to green spaces for
You may also want to watch:
people who live in highly
populated urban environments, and teaches about horticulture, food growing and developing wildlife habitats.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 4 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?