£140k grant for Hackney City Farm
- Credit: Archant
Hackney City Farm has been handed a £140,000 grant to boost community understanding of the environment and biodiversity.
The grant from the The City of London Corporation’s charity, City Bridge Trust, will support the charity’s outreach work and increase volunteering activities with hard to reach groups such as people with mental problems, special educational needs, refugees and children with carers on low incomes.
Hackney City Farm, in Goldsmith’s Row by Haggerston
Park, was set up 30 years ago and promotes healthy living and
access to green spaces for
You may also want to watch:
people who live in highly
populated urban environments, and teaches about horticulture, food growing and developing wildlife habitats.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta