Three people from east London have been convicted over the death of a man who was drugged and stabbed in a plot to steal his Rolex watches.

Saul Murray, 33, was drugged with the sedative GHB, stabbed and left for dead at his home in Luton in February 2022, according to Bedfordshire Police.

Ikem Affia, of Shore Place, Hackney, has been convicted of murder, whilst two women and a man were found guilty of manslaughter.

Saul had posted images of himself wearing two Rolex watches on Instagram that were spotted by Surpreet Dhillon, 36, Luton Crown Court heard.

Dhillon, of Carnarvon Road, Maryland, contacted Saul and the pair spoke over WhatsApp before Dhillon and Temidayo Awe, 21, went to meet Saul at his flat.

Both women were convicted of manslaughter and conspiracy to commit robbery along with Cleon Brown, 29, of King Edward's Road, Hackney.

Affia, 31, was convicted of murder, possession of a bladed article and conspiracy to commit robbery.

CCTV footage taken outside Saul’s flat on the night of his death showed the two women entering with the victim just before 11.40pm, Bedfordshire Police said.

One of the women propped open the communal door with a broom as the other left shortly before 2.30am.

She returned with the two men, Brown and Affia, and all four left together 20 minutes later, with one of the men seen on the footage clearly carrying a large knife, officers said.

Saul was then seen running towards the door before losing consciousness and collapsing.

Emergency services found him dead just after 5am on February 27 and a post-mortem examination showed he had died after losing blood from a knife wound.

Affia, Brown, Dhillon and Awe, of Saunders Street, Gillingham, Kent, were convicted on Tuesday (January 10) after a 10-week trial at Luton Crown Court.

They will be sentenced at the same court on March 3.

For the latest crime news in East London, join our East London Crime Watch group on Facebook.

Det Insp Dale Mepstead, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: "This alarming act of violence resulted in Mr Murray losing his life in the most horrific way.

"Not only was the attack on him brutal, but all four left him alone to die from his injuries.

"This was a very complex investigation that involved a lot of CCTV and phone work to identify the rightful suspects and I am pleased that all four have been found guilty of the part they each played in Mr Murray’s death."

Reporting by PA.