A launderette in Hackney has been partially damaged after a fire broke out due to self-heating of textiles.

London Fire Brigade received calls reporting the blaze at 10.25pm on Saturday (May 18) in the launderette with flats above on Stoke Newington Road.

The shop occupied the ground floor of the three-storey building and was found damaged in the incident. No injuries were however sustained.

Read More: Stamford Hill: Fly-tipping angers former councillor

Four fire engines and 25 firefighters tackled the blaze for more than an hour when it was brought under control by 11.48pm.

LFB said the fire is believed to be accidental and was caused by self-heating of textiles.

Crews from Stoke Newington, Islington, Homerton and Holloway fire station attended the scene.