Two men who shot a teenager from a car before stabbing him twice in the chest have been sentenced to life and jailed.

Abubakarr ‘Junior’ Jah was 18 when fatally attacked on April 2021 in Newham, murdered just four years after his brother Ahmed Deen-Jah.

Yesterday (June 12), Awadh Saleh, 25, of Chesterton Terrace in Plaistow, was sentenced to life with a minimum of 36 years for Junior's murder.

Rio Burton-Devine, 25, of Burder Close in Hackney, was also sentenced to life with a minimum of 31 years imprisonment.

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Rogers, senior investigating officer, said: "Junior was murdered just four years after his brother Ahmed and his family have been through unimaginable suffering.

"Junior’s life was suddenly and inexplicably cut short by Saleh and Burton-Devine, who set out that day on a ‘rideout’, intent on carrying out the most brutal act of violence against anyone they believed may be linked to rival gangs.

"They believed they could get away with their crimes but despite the length of time passed, our team never gave up fighting for justice for Junior and his family," he added.

RELATED NEWS: Junior Jah shooting, Newham: Two found guilty of murder

Junior Jah, 18, was shot and stabbed to death in Newham in April 2021, four years after his brother was killed.Junior Jah, 18, was shot and stabbed to death in Newham in April 2021, just four years after his brother was killed. (Image: Met Police)

Both had been convicted of Junior's murder at the Old Bailey on May 9 this year.

Detectives believe they did not know Junior but the attack was motivated by a rival gang feud.

Saleh and Burton-Devine were also found guilty of firearm possession with intent to endanger life. Saleh was additionally found guilty of possession of a bladed article.

CCTV, forensic and phone evidence was used to convince the jury that the pair were guilty, police said.

Junior had died after police and the London Ambulance Service were called to Coolfin Road in Newham on April 26 in 2021.

At 2.44pm a Land Rover Discovery pulled up close to Junior and within seconds he was shot in the chest as he walked towards the car.

The driver, later identified as Saleh, got out and walked around to Junior before stabbing him twice in the chest with a large knife.

Police later found the car ablaze at Routemaster Close nearby and forensic examination found Junior's DNA on a door.

A fingerprint belonging to Burton-Devine was also found.

Phone analysis revealed Saleh and Burton-Devine had been in touch and with each other before the murder.

Despite analysis placing both in the vehicle used in the crime, the pair continued to deny their involvement in the murder, police said.

DCI Rogers said police continue efforts to find those responsible for the killing of Junior's brother Ahmed in 2017.

"Junior’s family have shown great strength throughout this investigation but we continue to fight for justice and are working to find those responsible for killing his brother, Ahmed Deen-Jah.

"Seven years has passed since his murder but we know people’s allegiances can change over time.

"Anyone who has information is asked to call police on 101 or alternatively contact independent charity Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111," he added.