393 bus to Clapton Pond will actually go all the way to Clapton Pond soon, says TfL
- Credit: Archant
Transport chiefs say they are looking for a way to make the 393 bus to Clapton Pond actually get to Clapton Pond after locals complained about it always terminating early.
The bus, which runs from Chalk Farm to Clapton Pond, has been instead stopping in Upper Clapton Road on the other side of the Lea Bridge Roundabout.
The bus used to park between the pond and Pond House. But following a refurbishment of the pavement and road round the pond, TfL agreed with Hackney Council and residents for the 393 stop to be in Newick Road between the two sections of the pond, which it did for a while before stopping.
Lea Bridge’s Cllr Ian Rathbone said: “The destination on the 393 bus going south says it goes to Clapton Pond but it does not, dropping passengers off earlier in Upper Clapton Road and not picking up at St James the Great Church going north.”
TfL has said the change is due to work to change the road layout around Clapton Pond by Hackney Council.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Lee, head of operations for buses at TfL, said: “As a result the 393 cannot safely serve the final stop that it has previously. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and we are working with Hackney Council to allow the 393 to serve the full route up to Lower Clapton Road as soon as possible.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase