A Level 2020: Our Lady’s Catholic High School pupils succeed despite the ‘challenging circumstances’
- Credit: Our Lady's Catholic High School
Our Lady’s Catholic High School’s head teacher has praised the maturity with which her pupils have “tackled the challenging circumstances” around their exams this year.
Justine McDonald said she was “incredibly proud” of the achievements of students at the school in Amhurst Park, Stamford Hill.
“It has been a privilege to work with these wonderful young people, many of whom have spent seven years with us,” she said.
“It is a real testament to the tenacity and incredible positivity of our young people that they have succeeded despite all the obstacles and barriers that this pandemic has put in their way.”
Some of the school’s highest achieving students include Amy Santos Nunes, Marie-Eunice Kouassi, Emma Owens and Caelan Fortune.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Owens, who has been accepted by UCL to study geography, said: “It’s been a great seven years and I’m shocked it’s come to an end so quickly.
“A huge thank you to all my amazing teachers and Mrs Mitra for all her support in geography.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic