A Level 2020: Our Lady’s Catholic High School pupils succeed despite the ‘challenging circumstances’
- Credit: Our Lady's Catholic High School
Our Lady’s Catholic High School’s head teacher has praised the maturity with which her pupils have “tackled the challenging circumstances” around their exams this year.
Justine McDonald said she was “incredibly proud” of the achievements of students at the school in Amhurst Park, Stamford Hill.
“It has been a privilege to work with these wonderful young people, many of whom have spent seven years with us,” she said.
“It is a real testament to the tenacity and incredible positivity of our young people that they have succeeded despite all the obstacles and barriers that this pandemic has put in their way.”
Some of the school’s highest achieving students include Amy Santos Nunes, Marie-Eunice Kouassi, Emma Owens and Caelan Fortune.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Owens, who has been accepted by UCL to study geography, said: “It’s been a great seven years and I’m shocked it’s come to an end so quickly.
“A huge thank you to all my amazing teachers and Mrs Mitra for all her support in geography.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding