A-level exam results 2017: Cardinal Pole Catholic School builds on ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Cardinal Pole Catholic School believes that yesterday’s A-level exam results have matched the sixth form’s “outstanding” Ofsted grading received earlier this year.
Half of students taking A-levels in the sixth form – which is ranked in the top 10per cent in the country – gained A* to B grades and 80pc secured A* to C grades.
Two students that particularly excelled were Hope Osifo and Motunrayo Arojojoye. Hope gained three A*s and will go on to read Medicine at Liverpool, while Motunrayo bagged an A* and two As and will read law at Clare College, Cambridge.
Hope said “I’m so thankful to God for the grades I achieved. Although the A-Level courses were challenging I pushed myself to work hard and am delighted to see that the fruits of my labour have paid off. Becoming a doctor has been my dream since I was 3 years old, I’m so excited to be one step closer to achieving that goal.”
Among the high achieving vocational students at the school were Chelsea Cesar, who achieved D*D*D* in health and social care and will study nursing at Kingston, as well as Bisola Giwa who gained three D*s in business and will study international business at Kent.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jane Heffernan said: “We are delighted to see the hard work of all involved; students, parents and staff, have such positive outcomes, preparing them well for the next phase of their studies, especially in the face of all the curriculum and assessment changes at A-level.
“As these students become Cardinal Pole alumni, we look forward to working with them in the future, so they can share their stories of success with others.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12