A-level results 2015: City Academy’s first AS cohort
- Credit: Archant
The first cohort of pupils at City Academy are halfway through their A-level studies and discovered the results of their AS levels today.
While 19 per cent of pupils gained A*-A grades, 35 per cent of them achieved A*, A and B, and there was an overall pass rate of 94 per cent.
In this year’s GCSE league tables students from The City Academy, were shown to have shown made more progress than any other co-educational school in the country, and better than any school in London.
Principal of the school in Homerton Road, Mark Emerson, is pleased with the results and led an assembly today for the AS level students.
“They are not whooping for joy, but they are pleased, they know they are coming back and they still have work to do,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course next year pupils are dropping their weakest subjects and concentrating on their final three A-levels,” he said.
“All in all we are pleased but we know there is a lot of work to do to ensure the pupils get the best possible results and get to the Russell group universities and Oxbridge, and to make sure everyone progresses onto university.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers