A-level results 2017: ‘Very bright futures’ ahead for Mossbourne Community Academy leavers
- Credit: Archant
‘Very bright futures’ are on the horizon for students at Mossbourne Community Academy after a set of A-level results which showed a particular strength for maths.
Half of the students at the academy achieved A to A* grades, while 55 per cent bagged A* to A grades.
The school announced that 98pc of students had accepted a place at university, with three students Oxbridge bound.
Farzeen Mahmood, Aleda Mackenzie-Reid and Juweiria Wardere will be studying medicine and Naimah Chowdhury will study dentistry, while Leila Bernstein – an alumni of the Mossbourne Rowing Academy – will be leaving England to study at UCLA in the United States.
Keji Neri is the first student from the school’s sixth form to be offered a place to study maths at Cambridge after achieving four A* grades.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “We would like to congratulate all students for their hard work during their time at Mossbourne Community Academy and wish them good luck for their very bright futures.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 8 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways