A-level results 2017: ‘Very bright futures’ ahead for Mossbourne Community Academy leavers
- Credit: Archant
‘Very bright futures’ are on the horizon for students at Mossbourne Community Academy after a set of A-level results which showed a particular strength for maths.
Half of the students at the academy achieved A to A* grades, while 55 per cent bagged A* to A grades.
The school announced that 98pc of students had accepted a place at university, with three students Oxbridge bound.
Farzeen Mahmood, Aleda Mackenzie-Reid and Juweiria Wardere will be studying medicine and Naimah Chowdhury will study dentistry, while Leila Bernstein – an alumni of the Mossbourne Rowing Academy – will be leaving England to study at UCLA in the United States.
Keji Neri is the first student from the school’s sixth form to be offered a place to study maths at Cambridge after achieving four A* grades.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “We would like to congratulate all students for their hard work during their time at Mossbourne Community Academy and wish them good luck for their very bright futures.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service