A-level results 2017: ‘Very bright futures’ ahead for Mossbourne Community Academy leavers
- Credit: Archant
‘Very bright futures’ are on the horizon for students at Mossbourne Community Academy after a set of A-level results which showed a particular strength for maths.
Half of the students at the academy achieved A to A* grades, while 55 per cent bagged A* to A grades.
The school announced that 98pc of students had accepted a place at university, with three students Oxbridge bound.
Farzeen Mahmood, Aleda Mackenzie-Reid and Juweiria Wardere will be studying medicine and Naimah Chowdhury will study dentistry, while Leila Bernstein – an alumni of the Mossbourne Rowing Academy – will be leaving England to study at UCLA in the United States.
Keji Neri is the first student from the school’s sixth form to be offered a place to study maths at Cambridge after achieving four A* grades.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “We would like to congratulate all students for their hard work during their time at Mossbourne Community Academy and wish them good luck for their very bright futures.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust