A-level results day 2017: Stoke Newington School set to be even more oversubscribed after ‘brilliant’ results
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington School is set to more oversubscribed than ever thanks to another “brilliant” set of A-level results, according to headteacher Annie Gammon.
The number of students bagging A* to B grades rose by three per cent to 57pc, while 80pc achieved A* to C grades, which mirrored last year’s results. Overall the school’s pass rate is 99pc.
Six students are Oxbridge bound, as well as three pupils to Imperial College and several to medical schools and art schools.
Star performers include Ellie Cooper, who gained two A*s and two As and is set to study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at the University of Oxford.
Annie said: “We are delighted to see these brilliant achievements from all our sixth form students in A-level, AS level and vocational courses. They, and their teachers, have worked hard and deserve this success.
You may also want to watch:
“We have more and more students wanting to join our sixth form, with applicants from across Hackney and other London boroughs. I’m proud that all our students have got such great results.
“All our intake make excellent progress whatever their starting point: we make a point of providing tailored support for all our students. We feel we have managed the transition to the changed A levels very effectively for our students.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Chair of governors Crispin Truman added: “It’s great to see these continued excellent results from Stoke Newington students. Governors, parents, teachers and of course the students themselves can be proud that our community sixth form is achieving at the very highest levels of secondary schools nationally.”