A-level results day 2017: Stoke Newington School set to be even more oversubscribed after ‘brilliant’ results
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington School is set to more oversubscribed than ever thanks to another “brilliant” set of A-level results, according to headteacher Annie Gammon.
The number of students bagging A* to B grades rose by three per cent to 57pc, while 80pc achieved A* to C grades, which mirrored last year’s results. Overall the school’s pass rate is 99pc.
Six students are Oxbridge bound, as well as three pupils to Imperial College and several to medical schools and art schools.
Star performers include Ellie Cooper, who gained two A*s and two As and is set to study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at the University of Oxford.
Annie said: “We are delighted to see these brilliant achievements from all our sixth form students in A-level, AS level and vocational courses. They, and their teachers, have worked hard and deserve this success.
You may also want to watch:
“We have more and more students wanting to join our sixth form, with applicants from across Hackney and other London boroughs. I’m proud that all our students have got such great results.
“All our intake make excellent progress whatever their starting point: we make a point of providing tailored support for all our students. We feel we have managed the transition to the changed A levels very effectively for our students.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
Chair of governors Crispin Truman added: “It’s great to see these continued excellent results from Stoke Newington students. Governors, parents, teachers and of course the students themselves can be proud that our community sixth form is achieving at the very highest levels of secondary schools nationally.”