A-level results day 2017: Stoke Newington School set to be even more oversubscribed after ‘brilliant’ results
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington School is set to more oversubscribed than ever thanks to another “brilliant” set of A-level results, according to headteacher Annie Gammon.
The number of students bagging A* to B grades rose by three per cent to 57pc, while 80pc achieved A* to C grades, which mirrored last year’s results. Overall the school’s pass rate is 99pc.
Six students are Oxbridge bound, as well as three pupils to Imperial College and several to medical schools and art schools.
Star performers include Ellie Cooper, who gained two A*s and two As and is set to study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at the University of Oxford.
Annie said: “We are delighted to see these brilliant achievements from all our sixth form students in A-level, AS level and vocational courses. They, and their teachers, have worked hard and deserve this success.
“We have more and more students wanting to join our sixth form, with applicants from across Hackney and other London boroughs. I’m proud that all our students have got such great results.
“All our intake make excellent progress whatever their starting point: we make a point of providing tailored support for all our students. We feel we have managed the transition to the changed A levels very effectively for our students.”
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 3 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 4 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
Chair of governors Crispin Truman added: “It’s great to see these continued excellent results from Stoke Newington students. Governors, parents, teachers and of course the students themselves can be proud that our community sixth form is achieving at the very highest levels of secondary schools nationally.”