Abbott online poll voting: which seat you think she should get
Voting in our online poll on which Shadow Cabinet seat Diane Abbott should get makes for interesting reading so far.
The majority of you, 44 per cent, think that the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP should get the Shadow Women and Equality post, currently held by Yvette Cooper.
Was Ms Abbott dropping a hint when she said that no matter what role she would be given, she would be a “strong voice for London”?
Currently, 22 per cent of you think so, saying that she should be given the Shadow Minister of London seat, which Tessa Jowell has had until now.
But 33 per cent of you think that Ms Abbott does not deserve a place on Ed Miliband’s front bench.
You may also want to watch:
Whatever happens, we should find out next Thursday.
To vote in our poll click the link above.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown