Abbott online poll voting: which seat you think she should get
Voting in our online poll on which Shadow Cabinet seat Diane Abbott should get makes for interesting reading so far.
The majority of you, 44 per cent, think that the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP should get the Shadow Women and Equality post, currently held by Yvette Cooper.
Was Ms Abbott dropping a hint when she said that no matter what role she would be given, she would be a “strong voice for London”?
Currently, 22 per cent of you think so, saying that she should be given the Shadow Minister of London seat, which Tessa Jowell has had until now.
But 33 per cent of you think that Ms Abbott does not deserve a place on Ed Miliband’s front bench.
You may also want to watch:
Whatever happens, we should find out next Thursday.
To vote in our poll click the link above.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington