Abbott online poll voting: which seat you think she should get
Voting in our online poll on which Shadow Cabinet seat Diane Abbott should get makes for interesting reading so far.
The majority of you, 44 per cent, think that the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP should get the Shadow Women and Equality post, currently held by Yvette Cooper.
Was Ms Abbott dropping a hint when she said that no matter what role she would be given, she would be a “strong voice for London”?
Currently, 22 per cent of you think so, saying that she should be given the Shadow Minister of London seat, which Tessa Jowell has had until now.
But 33 per cent of you think that Ms Abbott does not deserve a place on Ed Miliband’s front bench.
You may also want to watch:
Whatever happens, we should find out next Thursday.
To vote in our poll click the link above.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors