Abbott online poll voting: which seat you think she should get
Voting in our online poll on which Shadow Cabinet seat Diane Abbott should get makes for interesting reading so far.
The majority of you, 44 per cent, think that the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP should get the Shadow Women and Equality post, currently held by Yvette Cooper.
Was Ms Abbott dropping a hint when she said that no matter what role she would be given, she would be a “strong voice for London”?
Currently, 22 per cent of you think so, saying that she should be given the Shadow Minister of London seat, which Tessa Jowell has had until now.
But 33 per cent of you think that Ms Abbott does not deserve a place on Ed Miliband’s front bench.
You may also want to watch:
Whatever happens, we should find out next Thursday.
To vote in our poll click the link above.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs