Actors attend Pete Postlethwaite memorial in Shoreditch
Hollywood stars joined friends and family at a memorial service for actor Pete Postlethwaite in Shoreditch yesterday (Wednesday).
Kevin Spacey, Daniel Day Lewis and former girlfriend Julie Walters were among those that paid their respects at St Leonard’s Church in Shoreditch High Street.
The Oscar-nominated actor died from cancer in January, at the age of 64.
His films included The Shipping News, Inception, Romeo and Juliet and The Usual Suspects.
His Oscar nod came after his performance as Guiseppe Conlon in In The Name Of The Father, about the men wrongfully imprisoned for a notorious IRA bomb attack.
You may also want to watch:
Postlethwaite lived near the Welsh border near Bishop’s Castle in Shropshire.
He was being treated at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital when he died.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
St. Leonard’s is the actor’s church of London and the resting place of many performers from the Tudor period.