Actors attend Pete Postlethwaite memorial in Shoreditch
Hollywood stars joined friends and family at a memorial service for actor Pete Postlethwaite in Shoreditch yesterday (Wednesday).
Kevin Spacey, Daniel Day Lewis and former girlfriend Julie Walters were among those that paid their respects at St Leonard’s Church in Shoreditch High Street.
The Oscar-nominated actor died from cancer in January, at the age of 64.
His films included The Shipping News, Inception, Romeo and Juliet and The Usual Suspects.
His Oscar nod came after his performance as Guiseppe Conlon in In The Name Of The Father, about the men wrongfully imprisoned for a notorious IRA bomb attack.
You may also want to watch:
Postlethwaite lived near the Welsh border near Bishop’s Castle in Shropshire.
He was being treated at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital when he died.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
St. Leonard’s is the actor’s church of London and the resting place of many performers from the Tudor period.