Admissions now open for new Dalston primary school
- Credit: Archant
Admissions have opened for Dalston’s newest primary school.
A free school, Halley House School is scheduled to open in September 2015 with an initial intake of two reception classes.
Claire Delaney, Chair of Bellevue Place Education Trust, said: “Halley House School will join our family of successful primary school and will offer a rich, varied and broad curriculum full of arts, drama, sport, music and academic rigour.”
She added: “We look forward to working with parents and members of the wider local community to shape Halley House to be an excellent local school which will help provide much-needed primary school places in the area.”
The school also recently announced plans to open at Metropole’s College former building on the corner of Arcola Street.
You may also want to watch:
It will be refurbished and upgraded to meet the needs of the school.
Applications can be made directly to Halley House School via the online form on the school’s website: halleyhouseschool.org.uk.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney