Carnival gym crawl through Hackney from Afrocafitness
- Credit: Afrocafitness
For the second year, the ‘tribe’ of instructors at Afrocafitness are running a Carnival gym crawl for Hackney residents.
Class Leader Rosaleen describes the sessions as “dance classes with a Carnival vibe”, and they are effective as cardio and toning workouts, as well as building confidence.
Afrocafitness, originally a YouTube channel set up to offer free fitness resources over lockdown, aims to “create positive thoughts…through motivation, information and culture based activities”, and to “redefine fitness through fun”.
The crawl will consist of four sessions over a week starting on Wednesday, August 25, and will take place at Queensbridge Community Centre, followed by Britannia, Clissold and Kingshall leisure centres. All donations will go to MacMillan Cancer Support.
The classes can be booked via the Better UK app or in person, and for more information visit afrocafitness.com.
Attendees are advised to bring their flags, whistles, water and towel.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Apply now: funding to boost Hackney small businesses' resilience