Lower Clapton Road estate agent becomes collection point for Hackney Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
An estate agent has become a collection point for Hackney Foodbank.
Alexander Knight Property in Lower Clapton Road is now appealing for donations of food to be brought to the shop.
Foodbanks provide emergency food to people in crisis, whether that be from redundancy to receiving an unexpected bill on a low income.
Hackney Foodbank works with 182 local partners, and since opening in 2012 has provided the ingredients for over 92,000 meals.
Naciye Ozbilenler said: “We are very concerned about the increase in use of food banks in general, and especially in Hackney.
“We put our heads together, and have been thinking of ways that we can help, and give back to the community we work in.”
“Donations are crucial during the summer holidays when children are at home, and do not have the benefit of a school dinner.”
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 7 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
Foodbanks can help prevent crime, housing loss, family breakdown and mental health problems.