All Points East: Friendly Fires, Django Django, Young Fathers join Victoria Park festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Indie favourites Friendly Fires, Young Fathers, Django Django and Hookworms are some of the latest additions to the opening weekend of All Points East in Victoria Park.
They are among 20 newly announced bands and 14 star DJ acts – led by French electro stars Justice – who will support headliners Bjork, LCD Soundsystem and The xx at the new festival from May 25.
All Points East replaces Lovebox and Field Day from this year after promoters Goldenvoice UK and AEG Presents won an exclusive contract from Tower Hamlets Council to put on festivals in the park, which is on the Hackney border.
The Black Madonna, Hunee, Omar-S and Shanti Celeste will join the bill to play their only London summer festivals this year.
Friendly Fires’ show is part of a long-awaited return to music following seven years of near-constant hiatus, broken only by a one-off single and a handful of solo projects.
You may also want to watch:
Django Django are promoting their third album Marble Skies, which was released last week.
All Points East spans 10 days and includes a four-day community festival bookended by two long weekends of big name live music.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
Tickets are on sale now from allpointseastfestival.com, where you can also get full details of the lineup.
Keep an eye on our All Points East microsite for all the latest on the festival.