All Points East: Friendly Fires, Django Django, Young Fathers join Victoria Park festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Indie favourites Friendly Fires, Young Fathers, Django Django and Hookworms are some of the latest additions to the opening weekend of All Points East in Victoria Park.
They are among 20 newly announced bands and 14 star DJ acts – led by French electro stars Justice – who will support headliners Bjork, LCD Soundsystem and The xx at the new festival from May 25.
All Points East replaces Lovebox and Field Day from this year after promoters Goldenvoice UK and AEG Presents won an exclusive contract from Tower Hamlets Council to put on festivals in the park, which is on the Hackney border.
The Black Madonna, Hunee, Omar-S and Shanti Celeste will join the bill to play their only London summer festivals this year.
Friendly Fires’ show is part of a long-awaited return to music following seven years of near-constant hiatus, broken only by a one-off single and a handful of solo projects.
Django Django are promoting their third album Marble Skies, which was released last week.
All Points East spans 10 days and includes a four-day community festival bookended by two long weekends of big name live music.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 6 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 7 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 10 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Tickets are on sale now from allpointseastfestival.com, where you can also get full details of the lineup.
Keep an eye on our All Points East microsite for all the latest on the festival.