All Points East: Friendly Fires, Django Django, Young Fathers join Victoria Park festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Indie favourites Friendly Fires, Young Fathers, Django Django and Hookworms are some of the latest additions to the opening weekend of All Points East in Victoria Park.
They are among 20 newly announced bands and 14 star DJ acts – led by French electro stars Justice – who will support headliners Bjork, LCD Soundsystem and The xx at the new festival from May 25.
All Points East replaces Lovebox and Field Day from this year after promoters Goldenvoice UK and AEG Presents won an exclusive contract from Tower Hamlets Council to put on festivals in the park, which is on the Hackney border.
The Black Madonna, Hunee, Omar-S and Shanti Celeste will join the bill to play their only London summer festivals this year.
Friendly Fires’ show is part of a long-awaited return to music following seven years of near-constant hiatus, broken only by a one-off single and a handful of solo projects.
You may also want to watch:
Django Django are promoting their third album Marble Skies, which was released last week.
All Points East spans 10 days and includes a four-day community festival bookended by two long weekends of big name live music.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Tickets are on sale now from allpointseastfestival.com, where you can also get full details of the lineup.
Keep an eye on our All Points East microsite for all the latest on the festival.