All Points Equal: Victoria Park community festival to celebrate 100 years of votes for women
- Credit: Archant
A community festival in Victoria Park will celebrate 100 years of votes for women.
In the Neighbourhood, part of the All Points East events taking place, will host All Points Equal on May 28.
The free event from 10am to 9.30pm will celebrate the 1918 law giving some women the right to vote and the 90th anniversary of equal voting rights. Most of the activities will be sourced from local organisations and suppliers.
There will be outdoor screenings of Disney’s Moana, Made in Dagenham and Suffragette, which will commence with a rally staged by the Museum of London.
A Q&A session will also take place, with a panel featuring Sylvia’s great-granddaughter Helen Pankhurst.
You may also want to watch:
There will be live music throughout the day, all-female spoken word with Penned in the Margins and banner and poster making classes.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney