All Points Equal: Victoria Park community festival to celebrate 100 years of votes for women
- Credit: Archant
A community festival in Victoria Park will celebrate 100 years of votes for women.
In the Neighbourhood, part of the All Points East events taking place, will host All Points Equal on May 28.
The free event from 10am to 9.30pm will celebrate the 1918 law giving some women the right to vote and the 90th anniversary of equal voting rights. Most of the activities will be sourced from local organisations and suppliers.
There will be outdoor screenings of Disney’s Moana, Made in Dagenham and Suffragette, which will commence with a rally staged by the Museum of London.
A Q&A session will also take place, with a panel featuring Sylvia’s great-granddaughter Helen Pankhurst.
You may also want to watch:
There will be live music throughout the day, all-female spoken word with Penned in the Margins and banner and poster making classes.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared