All Points Equal: Victoria Park community festival to celebrate 100 years of votes for women
- Credit: Archant
A community festival in Victoria Park will celebrate 100 years of votes for women.
In the Neighbourhood, part of the All Points East events taking place, will host All Points Equal on May 28.
The free event from 10am to 9.30pm will celebrate the 1918 law giving some women the right to vote and the 90th anniversary of equal voting rights. Most of the activities will be sourced from local organisations and suppliers.
There will be outdoor screenings of Disney’s Moana, Made in Dagenham and Suffragette, which will commence with a rally staged by the Museum of London.
A Q&A session will also take place, with a panel featuring Sylvia’s great-granddaughter Helen Pankhurst.
You may also want to watch:
There will be live music throughout the day, all-female spoken word with Penned in the Margins and banner and poster making classes.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school