All welcome to Olympic meeting tonight
With just over a year to go and excitement about the Olympic and Paralympics Games building, Hackney residents are invited to a community meeting this Monday to hear about how to join in and make it a once in a lifetime event for them.
This is an opportunity to find out about the test events in the new Olympic Park, the torch relay, job opportunities with London 2012, becoming a volunteer, being part of the community sports and cultural Olympiads and the local transport plans for the Games.
Those attending will have the chance to meet and hear from the key organisations who are working to deliver the best opportunities for Hackney residents up to and including next summer’s Games.
Exhibitors and speakers include Hackney Council’s 2012 team, the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games whose role it is to stage and run the Games themselves, the Olympic Delivery Authority responsible for building the Olympic Park and the venues within it, and The Olympic Park Legacy Company, which will manage the venues and what will become the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after the Games have finished.
The meeting will be held tonight, Monday June 20, from 5.30pm to 8.30pm with presentations beginning at 6pm, at the Wally Foster Community Centre in Homerton Rd.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more call 020 8356 3126 or or visit www.hackney.gov.uk/2012-games
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 8 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted