Alter Ego finalists announced
- Credit: Archant
Eight acts have now been chosen to take to the Hackney Empire stage for the finals of the youth talent contest, Alter Ego 2015.
This year’s talented bunch include singers and guitarists, Charla and Begum, both 14, rapper, Dee Riginal, 18, street dance crew Ebonessence, spoken word artists, Jamilah and Kyanne Richards, 13 and Jamilah Usman, 14, guitarist, Josh Tenor, 14, singer, Kali McLoughlin, 16, dance group M.I.N.D. and rapper, Nicki Knightz, 19.
Josh Tenor said: “I was so astonished when I heard that I was through to the finals. So many acts auditioned for the show and to be one of the successful ones is so awesome. In the show I just want to show what I am all about and hopefully win this competition.”
Alter Ego, the launch event for Hackney Council’s youth arts and culture festival, Discover Young Hackney is hosted by MTV presenter Kat B.
The acts will receive two full days and five evenings of mentoring by professional Hackney Empire artists, before the final night on Friday January 30 at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £5 on the door or can be bought in advance from Hackney from www.hackneyempire.co.uk.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 6 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hackney people called on to help 'stamp out' violence against women and girls
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild