Alter Ego finalists announced
- Credit: Archant
Eight acts have now been chosen to take to the Hackney Empire stage for the finals of the youth talent contest, Alter Ego 2015.
This year’s talented bunch include singers and guitarists, Charla and Begum, both 14, rapper, Dee Riginal, 18, street dance crew Ebonessence, spoken word artists, Jamilah and Kyanne Richards, 13 and Jamilah Usman, 14, guitarist, Josh Tenor, 14, singer, Kali McLoughlin, 16, dance group M.I.N.D. and rapper, Nicki Knightz, 19.
Josh Tenor said: “I was so astonished when I heard that I was through to the finals. So many acts auditioned for the show and to be one of the successful ones is so awesome. In the show I just want to show what I am all about and hopefully win this competition.”
Alter Ego, the launch event for Hackney Council’s youth arts and culture festival, Discover Young Hackney is hosted by MTV presenter Kat B.
The acts will receive two full days and five evenings of mentoring by professional Hackney Empire artists, before the final night on Friday January 30 at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £5 on the door or can be bought in advance from Hackney from www.hackneyempire.co.uk.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 4 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 5 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 6 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched