Alter Ego finalists announced
- Credit: Archant
Eight acts have now been chosen to take to the Hackney Empire stage for the finals of the youth talent contest, Alter Ego 2015.
This year’s talented bunch include singers and guitarists, Charla and Begum, both 14, rapper, Dee Riginal, 18, street dance crew Ebonessence, spoken word artists, Jamilah and Kyanne Richards, 13 and Jamilah Usman, 14, guitarist, Josh Tenor, 14, singer, Kali McLoughlin, 16, dance group M.I.N.D. and rapper, Nicki Knightz, 19.
Josh Tenor said: “I was so astonished when I heard that I was through to the finals. So many acts auditioned for the show and to be one of the successful ones is so awesome. In the show I just want to show what I am all about and hopefully win this competition.”
Alter Ego, the launch event for Hackney Council’s youth arts and culture festival, Discover Young Hackney is hosted by MTV presenter Kat B.
The acts will receive two full days and five evenings of mentoring by professional Hackney Empire artists, before the final night on Friday January 30 at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £5 on the door or can be bought in advance from Hackney from www.hackneyempire.co.uk.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse