Alter Ego finalists announced
- Credit: Archant
Eight acts have now been chosen to take to the Hackney Empire stage for the finals of the youth talent contest, Alter Ego 2015.
This year’s talented bunch include singers and guitarists, Charla and Begum, both 14, rapper, Dee Riginal, 18, street dance crew Ebonessence, spoken word artists, Jamilah and Kyanne Richards, 13 and Jamilah Usman, 14, guitarist, Josh Tenor, 14, singer, Kali McLoughlin, 16, dance group M.I.N.D. and rapper, Nicki Knightz, 19.
Josh Tenor said: “I was so astonished when I heard that I was through to the finals. So many acts auditioned for the show and to be one of the successful ones is so awesome. In the show I just want to show what I am all about and hopefully win this competition.”
Alter Ego, the launch event for Hackney Council’s youth arts and culture festival, Discover Young Hackney is hosted by MTV presenter Kat B.
The acts will receive two full days and five evenings of mentoring by professional Hackney Empire artists, before the final night on Friday January 30 at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £5 on the door or can be bought in advance from Hackney from www.hackneyempire.co.uk.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers