Ambulance and car in horrific crash at notorious Stamford Hill junction
- Credit: Archant
A horrific crash between a private ambulance and a car at a notorious junction last night left one driver in hospital.
Emergency services were called to the Stamford Hill junction with Clapton Common at 1am this morning.
The driver of the car is now being treated in hospital. Their injuries are considered not life threatening.
The ambulance belonged to volunteer group Hatzola.
A spokesman said: “Hatzola was on the way to an emergency call when the collision occurred. There was no patient on board. All our crew are thankfully okay.”
You may also want to watch:
The crash is the third this month, and comes on the day a Transport for London consultation into improving the safety of the junction ends.
On the night of Friday March 4 a 41-year-old man was killed after being hit by a bus and four days later a pedestrian suffered serious injuries in a collision.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers