Ambulance and car in horrific crash at notorious Stamford Hill junction
- Credit: Archant
A horrific crash between a private ambulance and a car at a notorious junction last night left one driver in hospital.
Emergency services were called to the Stamford Hill junction with Clapton Common at 1am this morning.
The driver of the car is now being treated in hospital. Their injuries are considered not life threatening.
The ambulance belonged to volunteer group Hatzola.
A spokesman said: “Hatzola was on the way to an emergency call when the collision occurred. There was no patient on board. All our crew are thankfully okay.”
You may also want to watch:
The crash is the third this month, and comes on the day a Transport for London consultation into improving the safety of the junction ends.
On the night of Friday March 4 a 41-year-old man was killed after being hit by a bus and four days later a pedestrian suffered serious injuries in a collision.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes