Ambulance and car in horrific crash at notorious Stamford Hill junction
- Credit: Archant
A horrific crash between a private ambulance and a car at a notorious junction last night left one driver in hospital.
Emergency services were called to the Stamford Hill junction with Clapton Common at 1am this morning.
The driver of the car is now being treated in hospital. Their injuries are considered not life threatening.
The ambulance belonged to volunteer group Hatzola.
A spokesman said: “Hatzola was on the way to an emergency call when the collision occurred. There was no patient on board. All our crew are thankfully okay.”
You may also want to watch:
The crash is the third this month, and comes on the day a Transport for London consultation into improving the safety of the junction ends.
On the night of Friday March 4 a 41-year-old man was killed after being hit by a bus and four days later a pedestrian suffered serious injuries in a collision.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack