Amhurst Road blaze: Fire crews rescue woman from burning block of flats
- Credit: google
A woman was rescued by fire fighters this afternoon after a blaze broke out in a block of flats in Amhurst Road.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus rescued her from the ground floor of the four-storey block in Stoke Newington, near to the West Hackney Recreational Ground, after emergency services were called just after 11.30am.
She was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital by a London Ambulance Service crew.
A further two people were led to safety, before 25 fire fighters using four fire engines brought the fire under control just after 12.30pm.
Part of a ground floor flat was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Fire crews from Homerton, Shoreditch, Islington and Stoke Newington fire stations were at the scene.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 7 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London