Amhurst Road blaze: Fire crews rescue woman from burning block of flats
- Credit: google
A woman was rescued by fire fighters this afternoon after a blaze broke out in a block of flats in Amhurst Road.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus rescued her from the ground floor of the four-storey block in Stoke Newington, near to the West Hackney Recreational Ground, after emergency services were called just after 11.30am.
She was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital by a London Ambulance Service crew.
A further two people were led to safety, before 25 fire fighters using four fire engines brought the fire under control just after 12.30pm.
Part of a ground floor flat was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Fire crews from Homerton, Shoreditch, Islington and Stoke Newington fire stations were at the scene.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12