Appeal: Did you know missing east London teenager Suzanne Lawrence, last seen in Highbury in 1979?
- Credit: Archant
In 1979 an east London schoolgirl called Suzanne Lawrence went missing from home and was never seen again.
Police launched a major hunt for the 14-year-old who vanished in late July 1979.
Suzanne and her sister, Michelle, told their mother they were going to stay with a female friend in Dagenham.
On August 7, 1979, Michelle returned home to Romford and said the sisters had been staying at a house in Highbury.
She said Suzanne would be coming home that night. But she never arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Her mother Pauline Lawrence, of Leamington Road, Harold Hill, made press appeals pleading for her daughter’s safe return.
Police had a theory Suzanne may have joined up with a Highbury fairground after a reported sighting.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
But the Naeve School pupil was never found.
Did you know Suzanne Lawrence? Reporter Emma Youle would like to hear from you. Contact 020 7433 0122 or email@example.com.