Appeal for Hackney volunteers to help children
A charity which helps give children a boost is appealing for more volunteers to get involved in their work In Hackney schools.
Kids Company, founded in 1996 by Camila Batmangehlidjh, provides services which reach 14,000 children
across London and works in 41 schools in some of London’s most deprived areas.
Kids Company promotes and supports the emotional wellbeing of children in school by providing services including one-to-one and group therapy, art workshops, social work intervention and occupational therapy. “We would welcome more general volunteers from the Hackney area to go into their schools as part of the Kids Company team,” said Carina Georgiades, the Kids Company
Schools Programme Manager.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It is generally difficult for people to get volunteer work with children and we can provide opportunities for this. We welcome people with a special interest which they can
share with the children. For example, we have had an architect, actors, animators as well as parents and members of the local community volunteering in our school teams.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
Volunteers in Kids Company school teams run breakfast clubs, lunchtime groups and after-school clubs for such activities as crafts, art, sport, cookery, drama and music. They also provide help with literacy and one-to-one mentoring as well as running parenting groups.
Contact email@example.com to volunteer.