Appeal for Hackney volunteers to help children
A charity which helps give children a boost is appealing for more volunteers to get involved in their work In Hackney schools.
Kids Company, founded in 1996 by Camila Batmangehlidjh, provides services which reach 14,000 children
across London and works in 41 schools in some of London’s most deprived areas.
Kids Company promotes and supports the emotional wellbeing of children in school by providing services including one-to-one and group therapy, art workshops, social work intervention and occupational therapy. “We would welcome more general volunteers from the Hackney area to go into their schools as part of the Kids Company team,” said Carina Georgiades, the Kids Company
Schools Programme Manager.
She added: “It is generally difficult for people to get volunteer work with children and we can provide opportunities for this. We welcome people with a special interest which they can
share with the children. For example, we have had an architect, actors, animators as well as parents and members of the local community volunteering in our school teams.”
- 1 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 5 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 8 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
Volunteers in Kids Company school teams run breakfast clubs, lunchtime groups and after-school clubs for such activities as crafts, art, sport, cookery, drama and music. They also provide help with literacy and one-to-one mentoring as well as running parenting groups.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.