Appeal for Hackney volunteers to help children
A charity which helps give children a boost is appealing for more volunteers to get involved in their work In Hackney schools.
Kids Company, founded in 1996 by Camila Batmangehlidjh, provides services which reach 14,000 children
across London and works in 41 schools in some of London’s most deprived areas.
Kids Company promotes and supports the emotional wellbeing of children in school by providing services including one-to-one and group therapy, art workshops, social work intervention and occupational therapy. “We would welcome more general volunteers from the Hackney area to go into their schools as part of the Kids Company team,” said Carina Georgiades, the Kids Company
Schools Programme Manager.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It is generally difficult for people to get volunteer work with children and we can provide opportunities for this. We welcome people with a special interest which they can
share with the children. For example, we have had an architect, actors, animators as well as parents and members of the local community volunteering in our school teams.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
Volunteers in Kids Company school teams run breakfast clubs, lunchtime groups and after-school clubs for such activities as crafts, art, sport, cookery, drama and music. They also provide help with literacy and one-to-one mentoring as well as running parenting groups.
Contact email@example.com to volunteer.