Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur have Premier League fixtures chosen for live television coverage
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
North London rivals to be shown a combined 11 times over first two months of new season
Arsenal’s clash at home to Leicester City will be the first Premier League game of the season after being selected for live television coverage.
The match will now take place a day earlier than scheduled on August 11, with a 7.45pm kick-off on the Friday night and the game to be shown on Sky Sports.
North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur are also on TV on the opening weekend, with their trip to Newcastle United being shown at 1.30pm on August 13, also on Sky Sports.
The following weekend will see the Gunners trip to Stoke City shown live by BT Sport at 5.30pm on August 19.
Spurs have also had their second game of the season, and their first at Wembley, picked by Sky Sports, with the clash with Chelsea now on August 20 at 4pm.
Arsenal’s final league game of the first month will also been shown live, with their clash at Liverpool to be broadcast by Sky Sports at 4pm on August 27.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
Spurs’ next game live on TV will be when they host Swansea City on September 16, with the match to be broadcast at 5.30pm by BT Sport.
The following day, Arsenal’s trip to defending champions Chelsea will be shown at 1.30pm by Sky Sports.
On September 23, Tottenham’s trip to West Ham United has been brought forward to a 12.30pm kick-off to be shown on Sky Sports.
Arsenal will host West Bromwich Albion two days later with an 8pm start in another match to be broadcast by Sky Sports.
Spurs’ trip to Huddersfield Town on September 30 is another to have been selected by Sky Sports, with a 12.30pm kick-off.
On October 1, Arsenal will be host newcomers Brighton & Hove Albion, with the match to be screened at midday by BT Sport.
In addition to the TV selections, the Gunners will now host Huddersfield Town on November 29 and visit West Ham on December 13 owing to their Europa League involvement.
Fixtures selected for TV:
August 11: Arsenal v Leicester City (7.45pm, Sky Sports)
August 13: Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur (1.30pm, Sky Sports)
August 19: Stoke City v Arsenal (5.30pm, BT Sport)
August 20: Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (4pm, Sky Sports)
August 27: Liverpool v Arsenal (4pm, Sky Sports)
September 16: Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea (5.30pm, BT Sport)
September 17: Chelsea v Arsenal (1.30pm, Sky Sports)
September 23: West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur (12.30pm, Sky Sports)
September 25: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion (8pm, Sky Sports)
September 30: Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur (12.30pm, Sky Sports)
October 1: Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion (midday, BT Sport)