Arsenal legend training with Gunners again after 4-year absence
Frenchman to offer advice to youngsters.
ARSENAL legend Robert Pir�s has pulled on the club shirt once again as he trains with the Gunners in London Colney.
Pires, who played 189 games scoring 62 goals in six seasons for the club, was released by Villareal during the summer and has joined Arsenal in training to keep his fitness up.
His last appearance in North London was against the Gunners in the Champions League quarter final last year.
Pires follows Sol Campbell and David Beckham in coming to Arsenal to train as he hopes to get a contract with a French Ligue One club.
You may also want to watch:
The Frenchman will also offer words of wisdom to Arsenal’s Reserves and Youth teams as he enters the second week of training with The Gunners.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions