Arsenal legend training with Gunners again after 4-year absence
Frenchman to offer advice to youngsters.
ARSENAL legend Robert Pir�s has pulled on the club shirt once again as he trains with the Gunners in London Colney.
Pires, who played 189 games scoring 62 goals in six seasons for the club, was released by Villareal during the summer and has joined Arsenal in training to keep his fitness up.
His last appearance in North London was against the Gunners in the Champions League quarter final last year.
Pires follows Sol Campbell and David Beckham in coming to Arsenal to train as he hopes to get a contract with a French Ligue One club.
You may also want to watch:
The Frenchman will also offer words of wisdom to Arsenal’s Reserves and Youth teams as he enters the second week of training with The Gunners.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant