Arsenal legend training with Gunners again after 4-year absence
Frenchman to offer advice to youngsters.
ARSENAL legend Robert Pir�s has pulled on the club shirt once again as he trains with the Gunners in London Colney.
Pires, who played 189 games scoring 62 goals in six seasons for the club, was released by Villareal during the summer and has joined Arsenal in training to keep his fitness up.
His last appearance in North London was against the Gunners in the Champions League quarter final last year.
Pires follows Sol Campbell and David Beckham in coming to Arsenal to train as he hopes to get a contract with a French Ligue One club.
You may also want to watch:
The Frenchman will also offer words of wisdom to Arsenal’s Reserves and Youth teams as he enters the second week of training with The Gunners.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill