Arsenal midfielder out injured for up to nine months
Young star injures knee
ARSENAL midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is facing a season on the sidelines after injuring his knee in training.
Emmanuel, 18, figured heavily in pre-season and has been tipped for great things following dynamic displays in the Emirates Cup and other friendlies.
The powerful midfielder injured his cruciate knee ligaments this week and is expected to be out for six to nine months.
He follows Samir Nasri, who has undergone surgery for his own knee problem, into the list of Arsenal crocks.
You may also want to watch:
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, manager, said: “Samir’s injury is a blow for us and a blow for France as well. He was continuing his natural progression and had a very good pre-season.
“But we have had another blow with Emmanuel Frimpong. He has done his cruciate in training.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
“That is a massive blow. A cartilage is three to four weeks but a cruciate like that one Frimpong did yesterday is six to nine months.
“I rate him highly and I still have a lot of faith in him but we will miss him for six to nine months.”