Arsenal midfielder out injured for up to nine months
Young star injures knee
ARSENAL midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is facing a season on the sidelines after injuring his knee in training.
Emmanuel, 18, figured heavily in pre-season and has been tipped for great things following dynamic displays in the Emirates Cup and other friendlies.
The powerful midfielder injured his cruciate knee ligaments this week and is expected to be out for six to nine months.
He follows Samir Nasri, who has undergone surgery for his own knee problem, into the list of Arsenal crocks.
You may also want to watch:
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, manager, said: “Samir’s injury is a blow for us and a blow for France as well. He was continuing his natural progression and had a very good pre-season.
“But we have had another blow with Emmanuel Frimpong. He has done his cruciate in training.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
“That is a massive blow. A cartilage is three to four weeks but a cruciate like that one Frimpong did yesterday is six to nine months.
“I rate him highly and I still have a lot of faith in him but we will miss him for six to nine months.”