Arsenal midfielder out injured for up to nine months
Young star injures knee
ARSENAL midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is facing a season on the sidelines after injuring his knee in training.
Emmanuel, 18, figured heavily in pre-season and has been tipped for great things following dynamic displays in the Emirates Cup and other friendlies.
The powerful midfielder injured his cruciate knee ligaments this week and is expected to be out for six to nine months.
He follows Samir Nasri, who has undergone surgery for his own knee problem, into the list of Arsenal crocks.
You may also want to watch:
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, manager, said: “Samir’s injury is a blow for us and a blow for France as well. He was continuing his natural progression and had a very good pre-season.
“But we have had another blow with Emmanuel Frimpong. He has done his cruciate in training.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
“That is a massive blow. A cartilage is three to four weeks but a cruciate like that one Frimpong did yesterday is six to nine months.
“I rate him highly and I still have a lot of faith in him but we will miss him for six to nine months.”