Arsenal midfielder out injured for up to nine months
Young star injures knee
ARSENAL midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is facing a season on the sidelines after injuring his knee in training.
Emmanuel, 18, figured heavily in pre-season and has been tipped for great things following dynamic displays in the Emirates Cup and other friendlies.
The powerful midfielder injured his cruciate knee ligaments this week and is expected to be out for six to nine months.
He follows Samir Nasri, who has undergone surgery for his own knee problem, into the list of Arsenal crocks.
You may also want to watch:
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, manager, said: “Samir’s injury is a blow for us and a blow for France as well. He was continuing his natural progression and had a very good pre-season.
“But we have had another blow with Emmanuel Frimpong. He has done his cruciate in training.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
“That is a massive blow. A cartilage is three to four weeks but a cruciate like that one Frimpong did yesterday is six to nine months.
“I rate him highly and I still have a lot of faith in him but we will miss him for six to nine months.”