Arsenal’s Theo Walcott asks Hackney fans to help raise cash for charity
Homeless to benefit from fun-run.
ARSENAL Football Club is calling on supporters from Hackney to take part in a charity fun run to help the homeless.
‘Be a Gunner, Be a Runner’ will take place on Saturday March 19 and is a 6.4 kilometre, 10-lap run around the outside of the Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners, who currently stand second in the Premier League, are working with the homeless charity Centrepoint for this season and all money raised will go to the organisation.
All participants must be aged 15 or over and raise at least �100 in sponsorship and pay �15 registration fee.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal winger Theo Walcott, joined at the launch by Arsenal Ladies player Emma Byrne and Abdi Razak, sponsored by Centrepoint, said: “Be a Gunner. Be a Runner’ promises to be a great event for all the family, so I’d encourage Arsenal fans young and old and anyone who fancies getting in shape in for the New Year to give the race a go.
“I’ve been lucky enough to see first-hand the amazing work that Centrepoint does with homeless young people, so by signing up for the fun run you are helping to make a real difference. I’m sure that with everyone’s support we can smash our fundraising target.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
For more information or to register visit www.beagoonerbeagiver.org.
Youngsters aged 14 or under can take part in a children’s race on the day and for more information visit www.arsenal.com/juniorgunners.