Arsenal’s Theo Walcott asks Hackney fans to help raise cash for charity
Homeless to benefit from fun-run.
ARSENAL Football Club is calling on supporters from Hackney to take part in a charity fun run to help the homeless.
‘Be a Gunner, Be a Runner’ will take place on Saturday March 19 and is a 6.4 kilometre, 10-lap run around the outside of the Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners, who currently stand second in the Premier League, are working with the homeless charity Centrepoint for this season and all money raised will go to the organisation.
All participants must be aged 15 or over and raise at least �100 in sponsorship and pay �15 registration fee.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal winger Theo Walcott, joined at the launch by Arsenal Ladies player Emma Byrne and Abdi Razak, sponsored by Centrepoint, said: “Be a Gunner. Be a Runner’ promises to be a great event for all the family, so I’d encourage Arsenal fans young and old and anyone who fancies getting in shape in for the New Year to give the race a go.
“I’ve been lucky enough to see first-hand the amazing work that Centrepoint does with homeless young people, so by signing up for the fun run you are helping to make a real difference. I’m sure that with everyone’s support we can smash our fundraising target.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
For more information or to register visit www.beagoonerbeagiver.org.
Youngsters aged 14 or under can take part in a children’s race on the day and for more information visit www.arsenal.com/juniorgunners.