Arsenal star laughs off transfer claims, while legendary keeper has a dig at Lehmann
Arsenal mediawatch: Who’s writing what about the Gunners this week
JACK Wilshere has hit back at claims that he is off to Manchester City.
Quoting nobody in particular, London’s Metro paper says the Eastlands outfit has been impressed with the England midfielder’s first full season and are lining up a �40m bid.
But on Twitter, Wilshere snapped: “People asking if im going City? I don’t kiss the Arsenal badge then leave – this club in my heart!”
And if Talksport are to be believed, Wilshere’s fellow midfielder Alex Song could also be leaving Emirates. The station claims Roma have been scouting the Cameroon international for months are preparing a bid of �13m.
You may also want to watch:
The station also repeated claims Arsenal are weighing up a bid for Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila – a move previously mooted in France Football among others.
Meanwhile, Gael Clichy says he is going nowhere. The fullback is quoted in L’Equipe: ‘When I arrived at Arsenal it was because I wanted to improve myself as a player and to win titles.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
‘I know that there are rumours about me going elsewhere but I have nothing to say about that. All I want is to win a title – that’s my ultimate ambition.”
Arsenal legend Bob Wilson revelaed his love for Twitter on these pages last month, and was in good form this week over Jens Lehmann: “Well done Jens. Folk won’t appreciate just how difficult it is to get thrown in at 11th hour as a young keeper... “
Wilson has also urged Arsene Wenger NOT to buy a new keeper - and instead stick with Wojciech Szczesny. He told Arsenal TV Online: “I think you run a huge risk now [buying another keeper] with Wojciech coming through as he is. In my opinion he has the same make up as somebody like Joe Hart.”