Artists invited to take over Dalston market stall
Artists are being invited to take control of a stall in Dalston’s famous street market as part of a public exhibition project.
Open Empty Spaces, an organisation dedicated to setting up temporary art galleries, is calling on Hackney’s many creative minds to put forward proposals for an interactive, site-specific commission in a pitch in Ridley Road market.
Ideas acceptable include sculpture exhibitions, research displays and performances but they must connect to the space, history or people of the market.
Ridley Road is one of just two locations in the UK where this project is taking place. Another artist will work in Cardiff Market in Central Cardiff.
The art will be on display for up to a month in April next year and a fee of �1,000 will be available.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on January 8.
For more information go to www.openemptyspaces.co.uk.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
To apply, email your idea in under 500 words along with either an artist statement or CV and up to 8 images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.