Artists invited to take over Dalston market stall
Artists are being invited to take control of a stall in Dalston’s famous street market as part of a public exhibition project.
Open Empty Spaces, an organisation dedicated to setting up temporary art galleries, is calling on Hackney’s many creative minds to put forward proposals for an interactive, site-specific commission in a pitch in Ridley Road market.
Ideas acceptable include sculpture exhibitions, research displays and performances but they must connect to the space, history or people of the market.
Ridley Road is one of just two locations in the UK where this project is taking place. Another artist will work in Cardiff Market in Central Cardiff.
The art will be on display for up to a month in April next year and a fee of �1,000 will be available.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on January 8.
For more information go to www.openemptyspaces.co.uk.
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
To apply, email your idea in under 500 words along with either an artist statement or CV and up to 8 images of your work to email@example.com.