Arts festival organised by over 60s brings silver screen to Hackney
London’s only arts festival organised by older people is bringing the silver screen to Hackney tomorrow (July 5).
Capital Age Festival is showing a series of short films made by artists aged over 60, including one exploring film as a creative means of communication for people living with dementia.
Called Discover Silver Screen, the screenings will be followed by a question and answer session with the filmmakers. The afternoon will finish with a complimentary reception in the bar.
Festival Director Paul Margrave said: “The festival is all about getting older people involved in creative activities across London and we are delighted to be offering this event in Hackney.
“Capital Age Festival is a great way to find out what’s happening in your local area and get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Part of a London-wide festival, other events run until July 15 and include music, theatre and craft.
Discover Silver Screen will take place from 2-6pm at Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8 1HE. The event is free but tickets must be booked at www.picturehouses.co.uk or on 0871 902 5734. For more information visit http://www.capitalagefestival.org.uk/
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers