Arts festival organised by over 60s brings silver screen to Hackney
London’s only arts festival organised by older people is bringing the silver screen to Hackney tomorrow (July 5).
Capital Age Festival is showing a series of short films made by artists aged over 60, including one exploring film as a creative means of communication for people living with dementia.
Called Discover Silver Screen, the screenings will be followed by a question and answer session with the filmmakers. The afternoon will finish with a complimentary reception in the bar.
Festival Director Paul Margrave said: “The festival is all about getting older people involved in creative activities across London and we are delighted to be offering this event in Hackney.
“Capital Age Festival is a great way to find out what’s happening in your local area and get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Part of a London-wide festival, other events run until July 15 and include music, theatre and craft.
Discover Silver Screen will take place from 2-6pm at Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8 1HE. The event is free but tickets must be booked at www.picturehouses.co.uk or on 0871 902 5734. For more information visit http://www.capitalagefestival.org.uk/
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities