Arts festival organised by over 60s brings silver screen to Hackney
London’s only arts festival organised by older people is bringing the silver screen to Hackney tomorrow (July 5).
Capital Age Festival is showing a series of short films made by artists aged over 60, including one exploring film as a creative means of communication for people living with dementia.
Called Discover Silver Screen, the screenings will be followed by a question and answer session with the filmmakers. The afternoon will finish with a complimentary reception in the bar.
Festival Director Paul Margrave said: “The festival is all about getting older people involved in creative activities across London and we are delighted to be offering this event in Hackney.
“Capital Age Festival is a great way to find out what’s happening in your local area and get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Part of a London-wide festival, other events run until July 15 and include music, theatre and craft.
Discover Silver Screen will take place from 2-6pm at Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8 1HE. The event is free but tickets must be booked at www.picturehouses.co.uk or on 0871 902 5734. For more information visit http://www.capitalagefestival.org.uk/
- 1 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 2 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?