Artwork boost for Hackney businesses
- Credit: Archant
A new project will see large-scale artwork-cum-adverts displayed on hoardings in and around the Olympic Park.
The Your Ad Here project is a celebration of the small independent businesses that are an important part of life in the city and would not normally have the resources for big advertising campaigns.
It aims to connect small independent firms with a diverse community of artists in east London.
Ruth Ewan will be one of the first artists to reveal a series of more than 20 artist/business collaborations that will go on display around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park during 2014.
Ms Ewan has worked closely with the family that own children’s clothing and toy store Mother’s Hub, in Stoke Newington Church Street on an advert which features a nod to the Socialist Sunday School movement set up in the area and also has a drawing from the owners’ daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses wanting to take part can register via the Your Ad Here website www.your-ad-here.co.uk.
All businesses registered will be invited to attend one of two free workshops in April with a top advertising agency to learn skills in marketing and promoting their business.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service