Artwork boost for Hackney businesses
- Credit: Archant
A new project will see large-scale artwork-cum-adverts displayed on hoardings in and around the Olympic Park.
The Your Ad Here project is a celebration of the small independent businesses that are an important part of life in the city and would not normally have the resources for big advertising campaigns.
It aims to connect small independent firms with a diverse community of artists in east London.
Ruth Ewan will be one of the first artists to reveal a series of more than 20 artist/business collaborations that will go on display around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park during 2014.
Ms Ewan has worked closely with the family that own children’s clothing and toy store Mother’s Hub, in Stoke Newington Church Street on an advert which features a nod to the Socialist Sunday School movement set up in the area and also has a drawing from the owners’ daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses wanting to take part can register via the Your Ad Here website www.your-ad-here.co.uk.
All businesses registered will be invited to attend one of two free workshops in April with a top advertising agency to learn skills in marketing and promoting their business.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder