Kane winner helps Spurs down Madrid
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Audi Cup: Tottenham Hotspur 1 Real Madrid 0
Harry Kane struck in the first half to hand Tottenham Hotspur a 1-0 victory over Real Madrid in Munich on Tuesday night in the Audi Cup.
The Spurs forward had the armband on, with Hugo Lloris on the bench after his bout of tonsillitis, and latched onto a mistake before finding the back of the net.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino handed Juan Foyth an opportunity at right-back while in the middle was made of Harry Winks and Tanguy Ndombele with Danny Rose at left-back despite recently being left in England to explore other opportunities.
After a bright start, the Lilywhites went ahead in the 22nd minute, although not due to any neat build-up play.
You may also want to watch:
Marcelo attempted to keep the ball in play and only played Kane through, who kept a cool head and chipped into the corner for his second goal of pre-season.
It stayed level until the break with Pochettino making nine changes and handing the likes of Lloris and Davinson Sanchez their first minutes of pre-season.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou and Troy Parrott got some game time with 66 played and even though Madrid had opportunities, it ended 1-0 in Munich.
Tottenham could have also extended their advantage with Parrott hitting the post while Dele Alli, Kane and Ndombele all went close on other occasions.
It sent Spurs through to the final of the Audi Cup where they will face hosts' Bayern Munich this evening at 7.30pm after the Bundesliga outfit saw off Fenerbache in the other tournament fixture on Tuesday.