Auditions held for Hackney’s own X-factor style talent show
The I’m In talent contest takes place on Friday February 4
Youngsters auditioned on Saturday, hoping to prove they have ‘it’ - for Hackney’s very own ‘X-Factor style’ talent contest.
Judges Renell Shaw and Mekel Edwards were impressed with the acts and had a tough time choosing five to send through to the ‘I’m In’ talent contest on February 4, emulating the popular ITV Saturday night talent show X-Factor.
Although 20 acts, including soloists and groups - all aged 13-19 - were signed up to take part in the Hoxton Hall auditions in Hoxton Street, only seven turned up.
The ‘I’m In’ talent show marks the official launch of Discover Young Hackney 2011, the borough’s free youth arts and culture festival, which runs until February 28.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.discoveryounghackney.com
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries