Auditions held for Hackney’s own X-factor style talent show
The I’m In talent contest takes place on Friday February 4
Youngsters auditioned on Saturday, hoping to prove they have ‘it’ - for Hackney’s very own ‘X-Factor style’ talent contest.
Judges Renell Shaw and Mekel Edwards were impressed with the acts and had a tough time choosing five to send through to the ‘I’m In’ talent contest on February 4, emulating the popular ITV Saturday night talent show X-Factor.
Although 20 acts, including soloists and groups - all aged 13-19 - were signed up to take part in the Hoxton Hall auditions in Hoxton Street, only seven turned up.
The ‘I’m In’ talent show marks the official launch of Discover Young Hackney 2011, the borough’s free youth arts and culture festival, which runs until February 28.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.discoveryounghackney.com
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities