Auditions held for Hackney’s own X-factor style talent show
The I’m In talent contest takes place on Friday February 4
Youngsters auditioned on Saturday, hoping to prove they have ‘it’ - for Hackney’s very own ‘X-Factor style’ talent contest.
Judges Renell Shaw and Mekel Edwards were impressed with the acts and had a tough time choosing five to send through to the ‘I’m In’ talent contest on February 4, emulating the popular ITV Saturday night talent show X-Factor.
Although 20 acts, including soloists and groups - all aged 13-19 - were signed up to take part in the Hoxton Hall auditions in Hoxton Street, only seven turned up.
The ‘I’m In’ talent show marks the official launch of Discover Young Hackney 2011, the borough’s free youth arts and culture festival, which runs until February 28.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.discoveryounghackney.com
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting