Avoid the A12: “mystery” police incident sparks East London traffic gridlock
Commuters have been plunged into traffic chaos after a stretch of the A12 was closed in both directions at 1pm.
The normally busy road is shut between the Green Man roundabout stretching down to the Lea Interchange because of a police incident. Drivers across Hackney and the rest of East London have been plunged into gridlock because of the diversions.
Police are advising travellers to seek an alternative route if possible.
A police spokesman said: “Waltham Forest Police were called at 1pm today to deal with an incident on the A12, near The Green Man Roundabout, in Leytonstone.
“The A12 is currently closed and there is likely to be some traffic congestion in the area.”
It is not known when the road will re-open.
- 1 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 2 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 5 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 8 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 9 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 10 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack