Avoid the A12: “mystery” police incident sparks East London traffic gridlock
Commuters have been plunged into traffic chaos after a stretch of the A12 was closed in both directions at 1pm.
The normally busy road is shut between the Green Man roundabout stretching down to the Lea Interchange because of a police incident. Drivers across Hackney and the rest of East London have been plunged into gridlock because of the diversions.
Police are advising travellers to seek an alternative route if possible.
A police spokesman said: “Waltham Forest Police were called at 1pm today to deal with an incident on the A12, near The Green Man Roundabout, in Leytonstone.
“The A12 is currently closed and there is likely to be some traffic congestion in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
It is not known when the road will re-open.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images