Baby Bathhouse to open in Stoke Newington
The offshoot of a decadent City nightspot is to take root on the site of a burned down bar in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The Baby Bathhouse, a smaller sibling of The Bathhouse in Bishopsgate Churchyard near Liverpool Street Station, is set to open in the venue formerly known as the Gold Bar in March. The rear of the original bar was gutted by a blaze last March.
Organisers said the new nightspot would include a cocktail bar and restaurant on the ground floor opening out onto to a large garden terrace. Cabaret shows and rock ‘n’ roll performances will take place in basement.
The design will follow that of the Victorian-inspired Bathhouse with risqu� entertainment, including burlesque, comedy, literature, fashion and performance art.
But director Tava O’Halloran, who will be running the venue with Daniel Wright, said Hackney Council’s new ‘nil’ licensing policy of sex entertainment establishments would not apply to its displays.
You may also want to watch:
“We live in the area and spend a lot of time in Church Street,” Tava told the Gazette.
“This is going to be really different to everything else. We have spent thousands of pounds on a really nice refurbishment.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
The Bishopsgate Bathhouse opened in 2009 inside a Victorian Turkish-style bathhouse, modelled on the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
Its website lists a large selection of cocktails priced at �9.50 and a two course meal accompanied by a burlesque show available for �38.50.
The menu for The Baby Bathhouse is yet to be confirmed. For more information email email@example.com.