Baby Bathhouse to open in Stoke Newington
The offshoot of a decadent City nightspot is to take root on the site of a burned down bar in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The Baby Bathhouse, a smaller sibling of The Bathhouse in Bishopsgate Churchyard near Liverpool Street Station, is set to open in the venue formerly known as the Gold Bar in March. The rear of the original bar was gutted by a blaze last March.
Organisers said the new nightspot would include a cocktail bar and restaurant on the ground floor opening out onto to a large garden terrace. Cabaret shows and rock ‘n’ roll performances will take place in basement.
The design will follow that of the Victorian-inspired Bathhouse with risqu� entertainment, including burlesque, comedy, literature, fashion and performance art.
But director Tava O’Halloran, who will be running the venue with Daniel Wright, said Hackney Council’s new ‘nil’ licensing policy of sex entertainment establishments would not apply to its displays.
“We live in the area and spend a lot of time in Church Street,” Tava told the Gazette.
“This is going to be really different to everything else. We have spent thousands of pounds on a really nice refurbishment.”
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
The Bishopsgate Bathhouse opened in 2009 inside a Victorian Turkish-style bathhouse, modelled on the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
Its website lists a large selection of cocktails priced at �9.50 and a two course meal accompanied by a burlesque show available for �38.50.
The menu for The Baby Bathhouse is yet to be confirmed. For more information email email@example.com.