Baby boy dies and his twin sister left fighting for her life following incident in a Hackney flat
- Credit: @999London
A one-year-old baby boy has died and his twin sister is fighting for her life following an incident in their Finsbury Park home.
Police were called at 11.10pm last night to reports of two children injured at the flat in Wilberforce Road.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and found the boy and girl with critical injuries.
They were taken to an east London hospital, but the boy was pronounced dead just before 1am today.
Scotland Yard said the girl’s condition remains critical.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
A Met police spokesman said enquiries are underway to establish the full circumstances of the incident.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
They said: Next of kin are aware. Formal identification awaits and a post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
“There have been no arrests at this stage.”