Baby boy dies and his twin sister left fighting for her life following incident in a Hackney flat
- Credit: @999London
A one-year-old baby boy has died and his twin sister is fighting for her life following an incident in their Finsbury Park home.
Police were called at 11.10pm last night to reports of two children injured at the flat in Wilberforce Road.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and found the boy and girl with critical injuries.
They were taken to an east London hospital, but the boy was pronounced dead just before 1am today.
Scotland Yard said the girl’s condition remains critical.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
A Met police spokesman said enquiries are underway to establish the full circumstances of the incident.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
They said: Next of kin are aware. Formal identification awaits and a post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
“There have been no arrests at this stage.”