Baby boy dies and his twin sister left fighting for her life following incident in a Hackney flat
- Credit: @999London
A one-year-old baby boy has died and his twin sister is fighting for her life following an incident in their Finsbury Park home.
Police were called at 11.10pm last night to reports of two children injured at the flat in Wilberforce Road.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and found the boy and girl with critical injuries.
They were taken to an east London hospital, but the boy was pronounced dead just before 1am today.
Scotland Yard said the girl’s condition remains critical.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
A Met police spokesman said enquiries are underway to establish the full circumstances of the incident.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
They said: Next of kin are aware. Formal identification awaits and a post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
“There have been no arrests at this stage.”