Bad weather: Plan B slips up on stage at the Hackney Weekend
Rapper Plan B suffered a few slips on the stage this morning, as he played in the middle of a heavy rainstorm.
The singer and rapper, whose real name is Ben Drew, persevered with his set, also overcoming technical hitches.
His extraordinary talent was apparent, switching between soul singing ballad She Said to the angry rap of Ill Manors, which makes reference to last summer’s riots.
Jessie J who played afterwards said she sympathised with Plan B.
“It’s not easy up here on the stage when it’s raining,” she told the BBC.
You may also want to watch:
Plan B’s guitarist looked rather surprised as he jumped on him at the end of the set.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets