Pochettino’s team preparing for Barcelona test in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Lilywhites may hand starts to World Cup stars Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez this weekend
Tottenham Hotspur will play their second game in the International Champions Cup on Sunday morning (UK time).
Spurs are currently in the United States for a tour of America and played their opener earlier this week.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team thrashed AS Roma 4-1 with Fernando Llorente and Lucas Moura both netting braces in San Diego.
This weekend’s friendly with Barcelona will take place California and kick-off at 4.05 UK time – 20.05 USA time.
Although it is only a pre-season match, given Pochettino’s history with Espanyol, this fixture will mean a tad more to him than most.
He will most likely give minutes to some of the first-teamers who didn’t start against Serie A outfit Roma.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 5 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 Illustrations capture a fresh view of Hackney
- 8 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 9 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez both finished the 4-1 win after coming off the bench and the pair, who impressed at the World Cup, may be handed a starting berth for the Barcelona friendly at the Rose Bowl Stadium.