Pochettino’s team preparing for Barcelona test in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Lilywhites may hand starts to World Cup stars Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez this weekend
Tottenham Hotspur will play their second game in the International Champions Cup on Sunday morning (UK time).
Spurs are currently in the United States for a tour of America and played their opener earlier this week.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team thrashed AS Roma 4-1 with Fernando Llorente and Lucas Moura both netting braces in San Diego.
This weekend’s friendly with Barcelona will take place California and kick-off at 4.05 UK time – 20.05 USA time.
You may also want to watch:
Although it is only a pre-season match, given Pochettino’s history with Espanyol, this fixture will mean a tad more to him than most.
He will most likely give minutes to some of the first-teamers who didn’t start against Serie A outfit Roma.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez both finished the 4-1 win after coming off the bench and the pair, who impressed at the World Cup, may be handed a starting berth for the Barcelona friendly at the Rose Bowl Stadium.