Pochettino’s team preparing for Barcelona test in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Lilywhites may hand starts to World Cup stars Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez this weekend
Tottenham Hotspur will play their second game in the International Champions Cup on Sunday morning (UK time).
Spurs are currently in the United States for a tour of America and played their opener earlier this week.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team thrashed AS Roma 4-1 with Fernando Llorente and Lucas Moura both netting braces in San Diego.
This weekend’s friendly with Barcelona will take place California and kick-off at 4.05 UK time – 20.05 USA time.
You may also want to watch:
Although it is only a pre-season match, given Pochettino’s history with Espanyol, this fixture will mean a tad more to him than most.
He will most likely give minutes to some of the first-teamers who didn’t start against Serie A outfit Roma.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 9 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez both finished the 4-1 win after coming off the bench and the pair, who impressed at the World Cup, may be handed a starting berth for the Barcelona friendly at the Rose Bowl Stadium.