Pochettino’s team preparing for Barcelona test in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Lilywhites may hand starts to World Cup stars Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez this weekend
Tottenham Hotspur will play their second game in the International Champions Cup on Sunday morning (UK time).
Spurs are currently in the United States for a tour of America and played their opener earlier this week.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team thrashed AS Roma 4-1 with Fernando Llorente and Lucas Moura both netting braces in San Diego.
This weekend’s friendly with Barcelona will take place California and kick-off at 4.05 UK time – 20.05 USA time.
Although it is only a pre-season match, given Pochettino’s history with Espanyol, this fixture will mean a tad more to him than most.
He will most likely give minutes to some of the first-teamers who didn’t start against Serie A outfit Roma.
- 1 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 2 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 3 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties
- 4 Hackney groups respond to permanent Homerton LTN
- 5 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 6 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 9 Men jailed after violent Mare Street robberies
- 10 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody
Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez both finished the 4-1 win after coming off the bench and the pair, who impressed at the World Cup, may be handed a starting berth for the Barcelona friendly at the Rose Bowl Stadium.