Pochettino’s team preparing for Barcelona test in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Lilywhites may hand starts to World Cup stars Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez this weekend
Tottenham Hotspur will play their second game in the International Champions Cup on Sunday morning (UK time).
Spurs are currently in the United States for a tour of America and played their opener earlier this week.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team thrashed AS Roma 4-1 with Fernando Llorente and Lucas Moura both netting braces in San Diego.
This weekend’s friendly with Barcelona will take place California and kick-off at 4.05 UK time – 20.05 USA time.
You may also want to watch:
Although it is only a pre-season match, given Pochettino’s history with Espanyol, this fixture will mean a tad more to him than most.
He will most likely give minutes to some of the first-teamers who didn’t start against Serie A outfit Roma.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
Heung-min Son and Davinson Sanchez both finished the 4-1 win after coming off the bench and the pair, who impressed at the World Cup, may be handed a starting berth for the Barcelona friendly at the Rose Bowl Stadium.