Batt thrilled by Orient debut
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Millwall striker Shaun Batt was delighted to get off to a winning start at Stevenage
Leyton Orient debutant Shaun Batt felt his new side were worthy winners at Stevenage on Saturday.
The 25-year-old – who moved to Brisbane Road on loan from Millwall on transfer deadline day – was thrown straight into the starting line-up at Broadhall Way and helped the O’s to a 1-0 win.
Batt almost made a dream start with a goal in the first minute, only for his effort to be chalked out for offside.
But a superb goal from Dean Cox soon followed, as did several clear-cut chances for Batt and his team-mates as Orient completely dominated and extended their unbeaten run to four matches.
Batt said: “From the first whistle we started on the front foot. We deserved to win the game.
“It was nice to finish with the three points and ideally I would like to have scored as well, but I was happy to contribute to the win which was the important thing.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 4 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
“To come to Stevenage and pick up the three points from an away game in the manner we did was excellent. The boys welcomed me in really well and I seem to have gelled with the lads quite quickly. Hopefully, that will continue.”