Batt thrilled by Orient debut
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Millwall striker Shaun Batt was delighted to get off to a winning start at Stevenage
Leyton Orient debutant Shaun Batt felt his new side were worthy winners at Stevenage on Saturday.
The 25-year-old – who moved to Brisbane Road on loan from Millwall on transfer deadline day – was thrown straight into the starting line-up at Broadhall Way and helped the O’s to a 1-0 win.
Batt almost made a dream start with a goal in the first minute, only for his effort to be chalked out for offside.
But a superb goal from Dean Cox soon followed, as did several clear-cut chances for Batt and his team-mates as Orient completely dominated and extended their unbeaten run to four matches.
You may also want to watch:
Batt said: “From the first whistle we started on the front foot. We deserved to win the game.
“It was nice to finish with the three points and ideally I would like to have scored as well, but I was happy to contribute to the win which was the important thing.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 8 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 9 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
“To come to Stevenage and pick up the three points from an away game in the manner we did was excellent. The boys welcomed me in really well and I seem to have gelled with the lads quite quickly. Hopefully, that will continue.”