Batt thrilled by Orient debut
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Millwall striker Shaun Batt was delighted to get off to a winning start at Stevenage
Leyton Orient debutant Shaun Batt felt his new side were worthy winners at Stevenage on Saturday.
The 25-year-old – who moved to Brisbane Road on loan from Millwall on transfer deadline day – was thrown straight into the starting line-up at Broadhall Way and helped the O’s to a 1-0 win.
Batt almost made a dream start with a goal in the first minute, only for his effort to be chalked out for offside.
But a superb goal from Dean Cox soon followed, as did several clear-cut chances for Batt and his team-mates as Orient completely dominated and extended their unbeaten run to four matches.
You may also want to watch:
Batt said: “From the first whistle we started on the front foot. We deserved to win the game.
“It was nice to finish with the three points and ideally I would like to have scored as well, but I was happy to contribute to the win which was the important thing.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
“To come to Stevenage and pick up the three points from an away game in the manner we did was excellent. The boys welcomed me in really well and I seem to have gelled with the lads quite quickly. Hopefully, that will continue.”