Batt thrilled by Orient debut
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Millwall striker Shaun Batt was delighted to get off to a winning start at Stevenage
Leyton Orient debutant Shaun Batt felt his new side were worthy winners at Stevenage on Saturday.
The 25-year-old – who moved to Brisbane Road on loan from Millwall on transfer deadline day – was thrown straight into the starting line-up at Broadhall Way and helped the O’s to a 1-0 win.
Batt almost made a dream start with a goal in the first minute, only for his effort to be chalked out for offside.
But a superb goal from Dean Cox soon followed, as did several clear-cut chances for Batt and his team-mates as Orient completely dominated and extended their unbeaten run to four matches.
You may also want to watch:
Batt said: “From the first whistle we started on the front foot. We deserved to win the game.
“It was nice to finish with the three points and ideally I would like to have scored as well, but I was happy to contribute to the win which was the important thing.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 8 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
- 9 'Arrested for being on my balcony', a young black man speaks out
- 10 £20,000 reward for information on Stoke Newington murder
“To come to Stevenage and pick up the three points from an away game in the manner we did was excellent. The boys welcomed me in really well and I seem to have gelled with the lads quite quickly. Hopefully, that will continue.”