Batt thrilled by Orient debut
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Millwall striker Shaun Batt was delighted to get off to a winning start at Stevenage
Leyton Orient debutant Shaun Batt felt his new side were worthy winners at Stevenage on Saturday.
The 25-year-old – who moved to Brisbane Road on loan from Millwall on transfer deadline day – was thrown straight into the starting line-up at Broadhall Way and helped the O’s to a 1-0 win.
Batt almost made a dream start with a goal in the first minute, only for his effort to be chalked out for offside.
But a superb goal from Dean Cox soon followed, as did several clear-cut chances for Batt and his team-mates as Orient completely dominated and extended their unbeaten run to four matches.
You may also want to watch:
Batt said: “From the first whistle we started on the front foot. We deserved to win the game.
“It was nice to finish with the three points and ideally I would like to have scored as well, but I was happy to contribute to the win which was the important thing.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
“To come to Stevenage and pick up the three points from an away game in the manner we did was excellent. The boys welcomed me in really well and I seem to have gelled with the lads quite quickly. Hopefully, that will continue.”