Battered brussels, anyone? Islington and Hackney fishmonger deep fries with seasonal twist
- Credit: Archant
People either love or loathe them, but one fish and chip shop is hoping that by battering the humble brussels sprout more people will enjoy the festive veg this Christmas.
Husband and wife Danny and Hana Sutton, of Sutton and Sons in Essex Road, Islington and Stoke Newington High Street, Stoke Newington, will be plunging the yuletide greens into the deep fat fryer for their customers.
For those with a sweet tooth, battered mince pies will also be on the menu.
Founder Mr Sutton said: “I’ve never been a huge fan of brussels sprouts, so we tried battering them for the Christmas season and they are a great way to get everyone to tuck into them.”
The quirky dishes add to the shop’s already popular battered dessert menu including Mars bars.
You may also want to watch:
Hana Sutton, founder said: “The Mrs Sutton desserts have always been popular and we are really excited to add the festive favourite of mince pies with our own Suttons twist.”
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 4 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 Hackney lawyer's death inspires fundraising blitz for domestic abuse victims
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney