Battersea Cats and Dogs Home offering free health checks for pets at Pembury Estate
- Credit: PA WIRE
Pet owners can get free veterinary health checks and advice from a top animal charity on Saturday.
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home is hosting a “pet day” event at the Pembury Community Centre off Dalston Lane from 11am to 4pm.
The event is being run in conjunction with Hackney Council, Cats Protection and the Peabody Association.
Staff will also be on hand offering free microchipping and engraved tags for their pets, as well as vouchers for cat neutering.
Battersea’s community engagement manager, Sharon Kirk, said: “This is a great opportunity for pet owners to come along and take advantage of some expert advice and health checks for their animals.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all part of Battersea’s work to promote responsible pet ownership and the one-stop shop is designed to meet every pet owner’s needs.
“Battersea doesn’t just rescue and rehome dogs and cats, we also spend a lot of time out in the community.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
For more information, visit battersea.org.uk/PetDay.