Battersea Cats and Dogs Home offering free health checks for pets at Pembury Estate
- Credit: PA WIRE
Pet owners can get free veterinary health checks and advice from a top animal charity on Saturday.
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home is hosting a “pet day” event at the Pembury Community Centre off Dalston Lane from 11am to 4pm.
The event is being run in conjunction with Hackney Council, Cats Protection and the Peabody Association.
Staff will also be on hand offering free microchipping and engraved tags for their pets, as well as vouchers for cat neutering.
Battersea’s community engagement manager, Sharon Kirk, said: “This is a great opportunity for pet owners to come along and take advantage of some expert advice and health checks for their animals.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all part of Battersea’s work to promote responsible pet ownership and the one-stop shop is designed to meet every pet owner’s needs.
“Battersea doesn’t just rescue and rehome dogs and cats, we also spend a lot of time out in the community.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
For more information, visit battersea.org.uk/PetDay.