Battersea Cats and Dogs Home offering free health checks for pets at Pembury Estate
- Credit: PA WIRE
Pet owners can get free veterinary health checks and advice from a top animal charity on Saturday.
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home is hosting a “pet day” event at the Pembury Community Centre off Dalston Lane from 11am to 4pm.
The event is being run in conjunction with Hackney Council, Cats Protection and the Peabody Association.
Staff will also be on hand offering free microchipping and engraved tags for their pets, as well as vouchers for cat neutering.
Battersea’s community engagement manager, Sharon Kirk, said: “This is a great opportunity for pet owners to come along and take advantage of some expert advice and health checks for their animals.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all part of Battersea’s work to promote responsible pet ownership and the one-stop shop is designed to meet every pet owner’s needs.
“Battersea doesn’t just rescue and rehome dogs and cats, we also spend a lot of time out in the community.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
For more information, visit battersea.org.uk/PetDay.