Battersea Cats and Dogs Home offering free health checks for pets at Pembury Estate
- Credit: PA WIRE
Pet owners can get free veterinary health checks and advice from a top animal charity on Saturday.
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home is hosting a “pet day” event at the Pembury Community Centre off Dalston Lane from 11am to 4pm.
The event is being run in conjunction with Hackney Council, Cats Protection and the Peabody Association.
Staff will also be on hand offering free microchipping and engraved tags for their pets, as well as vouchers for cat neutering.
Battersea’s community engagement manager, Sharon Kirk, said: “This is a great opportunity for pet owners to come along and take advantage of some expert advice and health checks for their animals.
“It’s all part of Battersea’s work to promote responsible pet ownership and the one-stop shop is designed to meet every pet owner’s needs.
“Battersea doesn’t just rescue and rehome dogs and cats, we also spend a lot of time out in the community.”
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
For more information, visit battersea.org.uk/PetDay.