BBC denies rumours Rihanna’s pulled out of Hackney Weekend festival
Rihanna has rubbished claims she’s cancelled her upcoming trip to the UK, which led to fears the pop star’s scheduled appearance at the Radio 1 Hackney Weekend festival might not happen.
Rihanna took to Twitter just minutes ago to accuse a British newspaper of making up the story, while a spokeswoman for the BBC told the Gazette that as far as organisers are aware, the singer’s performance is still set to go ahead.
The 24-year-old has been booked for weeks to headline the free event at Hackney Marshes on Sunday, June 24, but rumours were rife the gig was off after some newspapers claimed the Barbados star’s management cancelled the trip for unknown reasons.
And it appears it’s true Rihanna has delayed her visit, as she tweeted: “I pushed my trip to London back to go spend time with my family! Sorry kiddos.”
The singer’s health has been in the headlines recently, amid claims she’s been suffering from “exhaustion”.
You may also want to watch:
Last month, Rihanna was admitted to hospital and tweeted a photograph of a drip attached to her arm.
But earlier the singer seemed to dismiss rumours she’s ill, tweeting: “Nonsense! I’m not sick!”
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover