BBC denies rumours Rihanna’s pulled out of Hackney Weekend festival
Rihanna has rubbished claims she’s cancelled her upcoming trip to the UK, which led to fears the pop star’s scheduled appearance at the Radio 1 Hackney Weekend festival might not happen.
Rihanna took to Twitter just minutes ago to accuse a British newspaper of making up the story, while a spokeswoman for the BBC told the Gazette that as far as organisers are aware, the singer’s performance is still set to go ahead.
The 24-year-old has been booked for weeks to headline the free event at Hackney Marshes on Sunday, June 24, but rumours were rife the gig was off after some newspapers claimed the Barbados star’s management cancelled the trip for unknown reasons.
And it appears it’s true Rihanna has delayed her visit, as she tweeted: “I pushed my trip to London back to go spend time with my family! Sorry kiddos.”
The singer’s health has been in the headlines recently, amid claims she’s been suffering from “exhaustion”.
You may also want to watch:
Last month, Rihanna was admitted to hospital and tweeted a photograph of a drip attached to her arm.
But earlier the singer seemed to dismiss rumours she’s ill, tweeting: “Nonsense! I’m not sick!”
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets