BBC denies rumours Rihanna’s pulled out of Hackney Weekend festival
Rihanna has rubbished claims she’s cancelled her upcoming trip to the UK, which led to fears the pop star’s scheduled appearance at the Radio 1 Hackney Weekend festival might not happen.
Rihanna took to Twitter just minutes ago to accuse a British newspaper of making up the story, while a spokeswoman for the BBC told the Gazette that as far as organisers are aware, the singer’s performance is still set to go ahead.
The 24-year-old has been booked for weeks to headline the free event at Hackney Marshes on Sunday, June 24, but rumours were rife the gig was off after some newspapers claimed the Barbados star’s management cancelled the trip for unknown reasons.
And it appears it’s true Rihanna has delayed her visit, as she tweeted: “I pushed my trip to London back to go spend time with my family! Sorry kiddos.”
The singer’s health has been in the headlines recently, amid claims she’s been suffering from “exhaustion”.
You may also want to watch:
Last month, Rihanna was admitted to hospital and tweeted a photograph of a drip attached to her arm.
But earlier the singer seemed to dismiss rumours she’s ill, tweeting: “Nonsense! I’m not sick!”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift