Davies set for period of rehabilitation after groin surgery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Tottenham and Wales left-back is expected to join up with the squad during pre-season
Spurs have confirmed Ben Davies has now undergone groin surgery, after the procedure was delayed on a couple of occasions.
The left-back was set to have an operation straight after the Champions League final at the start of this month, but it was put back and it enabled the Welshman to represent his country in two Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Both ended in defeat and Davies had surgery on Thursday, after being troubled by the problem during the 2018/19 campaign.
An official club statement read: "Ben will now undertake a period of rehabilitation and is expected to resume training with the squad during pre-season."
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham Hotspur's first game this summer occurs on July 21 against Juventus in the International Champions Cup and it may come too soon for Davies.
He will hope to be fit by August though and therefore available for selection for the start of the new Premier League campaign.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images