Davies set for period of rehabilitation after groin surgery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Tottenham and Wales left-back is expected to join up with the squad during pre-season
Spurs have confirmed Ben Davies has now undergone groin surgery, after the procedure was delayed on a couple of occasions.
The left-back was set to have an operation straight after the Champions League final at the start of this month, but it was put back and it enabled the Welshman to represent his country in two Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Both ended in defeat and Davies had surgery on Thursday, after being troubled by the problem during the 2018/19 campaign.
An official club statement read: "Ben will now undertake a period of rehabilitation and is expected to resume training with the squad during pre-season."
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham Hotspur's first game this summer occurs on July 21 against Juventus in the International Champions Cup and it may come too soon for Davies.
He will hope to be fit by August though and therefore available for selection for the start of the new Premier League campaign.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney