Davies set for period of rehabilitation after groin surgery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Tottenham and Wales left-back is expected to join up with the squad during pre-season
Spurs have confirmed Ben Davies has now undergone groin surgery, after the procedure was delayed on a couple of occasions.
The left-back was set to have an operation straight after the Champions League final at the start of this month, but it was put back and it enabled the Welshman to represent his country in two Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Both ended in defeat and Davies had surgery on Thursday, after being troubled by the problem during the 2018/19 campaign.
An official club statement read: "Ben will now undertake a period of rehabilitation and is expected to resume training with the squad during pre-season."
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham Hotspur's first game this summer occurs on July 21 against Juventus in the International Champions Cup and it may come too soon for Davies.
He will hope to be fit by August though and therefore available for selection for the start of the new Premier League campaign.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London