Bereaved mum raises money for Homerton ‘cooling cot’ so parents can spend more time with babies who die
- Credit: submitted maria campbell
A grieving mum is raising money for a special “cooling cot” at Homerton that would let parents of stillborn babies spend more time with them.
Maria Campbell’s seven children were all born at the hospital. Tragically, Cristiana was stillborn in May 2008, and Massimo only lived for “three wonderful days” before dying in 2013.
Maria, who grew up in Hackney but has since moved away, said: “We were able to hold Cristiana and spend time with her, but due to her fragile condition and the warm hospital environment we weren’t able to spend enough time making the memories we wanted to with her.
“We were able to make more memories with Massimo before he passed away. However, again, once he had died we were limited on the amount of time we could spend with him.”
She wants to raise £1,700 to buy a Flexmort Cuddle Cot for Homerton Hospital. The device, which keeps a baby cool, can be placed in cots, car seats and prams.
You may also want to watch:
Maria said: “Although it can never take away the pain of losing a child, this will give parents the opportunity to create memories to keep without feeling pressured or rushed.”
You can visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/homerton-cuddlecot to donate.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins