Bereaved mum raises money for Homerton ‘cooling cot’ so parents can spend more time with babies who die
- Credit: submitted maria campbell
A grieving mum is raising money for a special “cooling cot” at Homerton that would let parents of stillborn babies spend more time with them.
Maria Campbell’s seven children were all born at the hospital. Tragically, Cristiana was stillborn in May 2008, and Massimo only lived for “three wonderful days” before dying in 2013.
Maria, who grew up in Hackney but has since moved away, said: “We were able to hold Cristiana and spend time with her, but due to her fragile condition and the warm hospital environment we weren’t able to spend enough time making the memories we wanted to with her.
“We were able to make more memories with Massimo before he passed away. However, again, once he had died we were limited on the amount of time we could spend with him.”
She wants to raise £1,700 to buy a Flexmort Cuddle Cot for Homerton Hospital. The device, which keeps a baby cool, can be placed in cots, car seats and prams.
You may also want to watch:
Maria said: “Although it can never take away the pain of losing a child, this will give parents the opportunity to create memories to keep without feeling pressured or rushed.”
You can visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/homerton-cuddlecot to donate.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London