Beyonce performance clinches Alter Ego title
- Credit: Archant
The winner of Hackney’s biggest talent show was crowned in front of a sold-out audience at the Hackney Empire on Friday night.
Emily Numutaako, 17, wowed the audience and judges with a powerful performance of Beyonce’s Dangerously in Love at the Alter Ego finals.
Nine acts including singers, rappers dancers and comedians performed in the contest, which was hosted by MTV Base presenter Kat B, with performances from rap duo Krept and Konan and Hackney born actress and MC Paigey Cakey.
Winner Emily, an A-level student from Haggerston, said she was speechless.
“I did not expect it,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“The sky is the limit now, I’ve just won one of the biggest competitions in Hackney and now I need to think about where I’m going.
“I entered this competition because I loved to sing as a hobby and now it has elevated itself in some sort of way.”
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
Emily has won the opportunity to perform at the The O2 in theTeenStar Grand Final and at Digwalls as part of Open Mic UK, as well as receiving free rehearsal and recording time at Press Records in Mare Street Studios
Dance group Ebonessance comprising of Labraya Buffong, 18, Elliott John, 19, Rashaun Antaine- Philip, 18, and Nathifa Le Che Alexander, 19, were awarded joint second place with singer Dominique Florent- Lee, 15, and singer Nadia Haloua, 14, came third in the competition.
Prizes included a styling and photography portfolio package, producer time with Inferno and a year’s membership at the Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School.